Gillette silver Single Ring
Gillette ABC silver double ring Shell
Bic CrPt (3)

Prep - Col Conk Amber mentholated stick
Shave - RazoRock Gold Label stick
Brush - 3D printed two-band badger
After - alum, badger blend Rum Runner's
E4D777B4-FDDD-4349-9DAF-CC203549B1CF.jpeg

The Bic is holding up to these light-duty/one pass shaves. I am enjoying the chance to visit, if only briefly, a blur of OCs.

These battered and bumped (but straight-toothed!) thin cap patina pals shave similarly. I hold them both in affection. The Single Ring a treasured gift, the ABC a fortunate find in a dark corner.

If anything, the ABC is slightly smoother/less blade forward. They produced a very close 1 pass plus touch up DFS.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 17th, Sat, 2020,-10C or 7F this Sat morning in Northern Alberta Canada.

Razor: Gillette New long comb, Canadian variant-Mfg 1930's NDC, Excellent mid range>.
Blade: GSB (4) excellent blade, sharp & smooth.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville, great scent with great lather qualities. Last of tub for one more shave hopefully!
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26mm Tuxedo knot- excellent lather creator, good back bone + cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =Excellent shave with my Gillette New long comb with a GSB.
OCtober 17th, Sat, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & Think safe in these times!

Razor: Gillette 1907 Model Single Ring
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20201016_083157.jpg

OCtober 17

Stayed with the same setup as yesterday:
Stirling bergamot lavender software
Essentia resin/olive badger/boar brush
PAA Starling V2 OC w/Personna GEM PTFE

Usually takes me a day or two to adjust to a new razor .... and that proved true today. More relaxed shave today. But ..... since this is OCtober and I’m determined to get through my whole stable, tomorrow we move on to the MMOC.

OCtober 17
Razor:
Leresche
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock (yellow)
Soap: Maestro Miche
Brush: Parker badger

I've been shaving with a Shark Super Stainless. Today I tried something different: A Gillette 7'Oclock Yellow. I wanted to try this blade, and have read that a sharp blade in a mild razor can be a good combination. It is, except that I got cocky and went for a third pass (I had plenty of lather). A few weepers. But a damned close shave.

2020-10-16 19.10.25.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
OCtober 2020 #9
20201016_114901~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector OC :001_wub:
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (4)
Brush: Heritage Ever-Ready 200 (Maggard 22mm SHD 2-Band Badger)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman VIBR
Fragrance: Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk

Smooth, effortless, efficient and effective. This shave was as good as my first shave with the Vector OC - absolutely superb. 😎

OCtober 17 late evening
PAA Alu Ascension DOC
RazoRock SLOC 2.0 (Alu head)
Bic CrPt (4)

Lots of machined aluminum alloy teeth in this shave. The recently introduced, currently out of stock, RR SLOC 2.0 is a very close replica of the successful, out of stock in three different materials, PAA Ascension design. Key difference - the RR baseplate is thicker and its cap alignment fins insert into blind holes. The PAA fins pass through the baseplate. That's it. The tighter blade curvature is exactly the same - you can swap caps if you want. Reverse engineering that may also have guided the design of the RR BBS.

Other than burning too many cycles contemplating razor design, innovation, and marketing topics; I had a fast and simple brushless shave with a tiny pea of Barbasol 1919. Nice and clean at the end of the day.

E009305E-3133-4502-BBBD-085AE2C3D8A9.jpeg

The Bic may be getting tired after only 4 one pass shaves. I need to use it in a steel or brass razor before I pass final judgement.

Sun 18 OCtober#14 SOTD
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge #4
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice citrusy lemony lather from the soap.
Shave with razor paired with blade was just acceptable smoothness and comfort. Just complete a 2.5pass for a DFS+ result with 1 nick. Excellent post & aftershave. Rating 8.5/10
20201018_142659.jpg

Top Bottom