Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette Goodwill
Blade Gillette Winner Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman WhiskyWood
Great lather! Thick, creamy and slick.
Shave with razor paired with blade was okok. Smooth initially but by the 3rd atg pass not so. Blade will be ditched. Result was satisfactory between bbs to dfs. Excellent post & aftershaves.
Rating 9/10
20201029_163910.jpg

As we approach the end of OCtober, I thought I'd reach into the non-Gillette part of the collection today. A vintage Japanese open comb. The razor has no markings and the case only has markings on the inside felt....and they're in Japanese! No idea what I have here as I don't speak Japanese but it's a neat piece nonetheless. Happy shaves, everyone!
20201029_084741.jpg
20201029_085931.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 29th, Thur, 2020

Razor:Gillette old type with a tech fat handle-Mfg in the 1920's, to brass this head that much prior owners must of shaved 10,000 times >?The person who had this last before me had paper wedged in handle, so his technique was unique, squeeze & stroke!:detective:
Blade: Gillette 7 oClock Black- I enjoy this blade for it's smoothness, similar to the GSB without the wax spots.
Soap: Taylor of old bond street Sandalwood- 1st tub used up, love the scent they have mastered by TOBS. Good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown whiskers- good brush to use to clean the last of my Sandal wood cream, excellent brush.
Soft tips with good backbone & good lather creator.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser, + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Different type of shave with this vintage Gillette old type razor.
OCtober 29th, Thur, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

OCtober 29:
4A9437B0-1259-4C1E-BA83-C115EB93CF57.jpeg

Good shave this morning with my ATT Atlas R2, T+S Sas’quets, and RV B&B 2018 Shavemac brush. Great combo.

Never would have picked this setup on my own, so here’s a plug for the ”Save Roulette” game thread:

M

member 119848

View attachment 1174945

It's a lot different from the PBOCS. I like the PBOCS a good bit, but this razor seems significantly better to me. For one thing, the PBOCS has a lot of blade feel. It's not that I am strongly opposed to blade feel, but El Fantasma has very little blade feel. Actually, a lot of the time I don't feel the blade at all.

Of all my razors, the one I seem to have the most trouble keeping up with is the PBOCS. It was lost for months, but I found it and used it in Slantember. Now, I can't find it. Weird. If I could find it I'd weigh the two, but I think El Fantasma might be even lighter in weight.

I'll be interested in your impression of the razor.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Thanks for the review.
Interesting. And as you said in another post, the torque is extreme. I wonder if the pronounced torque adds more rigidity.
The PBOCS has become my razor of choice. I thought that killed my RAD until the Fantasma came out.
As soon as I shave with it I´ll let you know my impressions.

OCtober 29 - Gillette NEW Raised Flat Bottom

Down to the last few shave of the month. Decided to end with some favorites from the month. Also, trying a new soap today. Barrister and Mann’s Le Grand Chypre a very engaging and enjoyable scent. Lather performance is excellent. Very slick.

Prep: Hot Shower
OC: Gillette NEW RFB
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap: B&M Le Grand Chypre
Brush: Simpson M7 Faux Ruby Manchurian
After: alum and Trumper Lime Skinfood
7364D42A-E957-4D59-9DEA-E886FA82DE79.jpeg

OCtober 29 - OC slant off, fast efficient two pass

Light slant: PBOCS - renew acquaintance b4 Fantasma arrives
Old>new: sTuckaway - slantified and proud, @Rosseforp handle
Blades: twin GSBs on shave 5
Custom lather: BOSC Special Reserve Citrus, Lavender, Wood by @aboulton1989 , olivewood boar, handle turned by @GAW9576, prep bowl hammered by me, last night. Working out some frustrations, I guess.
After: Richard's Rub
FE496F21-B55F-4461-A588-A8EB5CCFA502.jpeg

Two very efficient razors that delivered a fast close shave with no blood, not even a threat. Got travelin' on my mind...

OCtober 29 - OC slant off, fast efficient two pass

Light slant: PBOCS - renew acquaintance b4 Fantasma arrives
Old>new: sTuckaway - slantified and proud, @Rosseforp handle
Blades: twin GSBs on shave 5
Custom lather: BOSC Special Reserve Citrus, Lavender, Wood by @aboulton1989 , olivewood boar, handle turned by @GAW9576, prep bowl hammered by me, last night. Working out some frustrations, I guess.
After: Richard's Rub
View attachment 1175276
Two very efficient razors that delivered a fast close shave with no blood, not even a threat. Got travelin' on my mind...

Very cool. I'd like to see more pictures of the prep bowl.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
October 28th -- Fatip Piccolo SE -- Alas poor Yorick, he shaved me well.... The Fatip was sporting a Nacet blade, and the soap & afterhave was (of course) B&M 2020 Hallows; and the brush was the RR Plissoft Beehive. It all came together for a very nice shave....it was more comfort than closeness, but it was plenty close for me.

proxy.php

Top Bottom