OCtober 2020

Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
Blade: Gillette green
Brush: Fuller TGN 24mm silvertip
Soap: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Nivea

IMG_3203.JPG

OCtober 26 - Gillette NEW Long Comb

Keeping the NEW LC streak going still. Tried a great two pass (WTG, XTG) shave. For me the yellows start to change at day 3, and that happened today, getting a nicks that I normally would not get. Alternative explanation: the demon on the Hallows label demanded a blood sacrifice and got one.

Prep: Hot Shower
OC: Gillette NEW LC
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock yellow (3)
Soap: B&M - Hallows
Brush: Simpson Major Super
After: Cold water
9D5480B5-A5F6-40DC-B647-1D6C458D8BFC.jpeg

265D55FF-B722-4033-85EC-33D3C043E401.jpeg

Razor: Schöne
Blade: A Personna of some sort. US? Israeli? German? No idea. Just four arrows pointing outward on each side. I found it loose in a drawer, which means I had swapped it out once but didn’t use it up. So I stuck it in this razor.
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T2
Cream: Erasmic

Just look at that elegant tableau. Such handsome products. And such a nice shave from them. Smooth and efficient and painless, and no feedback from the splash.

Speaking of, that splash was 1970s Avon Leather, out of a decanter shaped like a cowboy boot. Elegant? Ha, not even a little.

Maybe there’s a psychology essay to be written about the duality of man or the duality of his shave or something like that. Eh, whatever. My face is happy today, and so am I.

Tue 27 OCtober#21 with New Soap
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade Bluebird Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Special Thayers Mix + Hyaluronic
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
New Soap...and wow! Unique leathery type of scent. Did not any smell tobacco. Love the leathery scent. Strength around 5/10. Performance was ok...perhaps my 1st time added abit too much water.
Shave with razor paired with blade was ok, acceptable smooth and comfort for 3passes. Between bbs to dfs result. Excellent post and aftershave. Notice some creepers later.
Really nice soap scent. Rating 9.5/10
20201027_112620.jpg

Attachments

• 20201027_112620.jpg
    20201027_112620.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 0
Hi,

As I usually say every year, the New Long Comb is the worst shaving of my OC set. It actually shaves just like my Pre War Tech, just OK. The New Short Comb is noticeably better. This always makes me wonder why Gillette changed it.

Not that the New LC is poor, it's just in comparison. If I only had the New LC, I'd not have noticed. Just like when my only razor was the Pre-War Tech (me Dad handed me at age 15). I didn't notice anything until my Grandmother gave me my Grandfather's Old Type and I discovered that it scraped my face a lot more than the Tech did.;)

Also as usual, the Fasan is the best of the group and the New Improved the second place finisher.

Fasan
New Improved
New SC
34 Crat
Old Type
Schick C1
New LC

So, now OCtober is almost over and I'll put all these away for a while and return to the Fasan on a daily basis.

Stan

Top Bottom