OCtober 2020

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Emir dual sided razor, Tabac soap stick, Simpson Berkeley 46, Polsilver

full

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
October 17th -- Weck Sextoblade & Probak -- The Weck took only one pass and a near-DFS was achieved, the Probak did the second pass and I was BBS. The shave and results made me feel like I should always pair these two razors together....it was just that good.

Now a quick word about the Weck Sextoblade -- this one came with a safety-bar guide, but the later Weck "hair shaper" razors came with a "comb". The teeth of those hair-shaper razors need to be bent out a bit since they were originally manufactured to do cool things with cutting head hair, but not really shaving facial hair -- other Wecks (i.e., the Sextoblade and the Medical shaver) usually came with a safety-bar type guard or you could use them without the guard. I prefer using the Wecks with the guard....it basically makes a disposable straight razor behave like a safety razor. If you have any interest in moving towards straight razor shaving, I would encourage you to pick up a Weck....they are great razors.

Enough of my PSA for Wecks.....here are the details of the shave:
Razors: Weck Sextoblade with Hair Shaper Comb Guard and Personna blade & Probak "New" with GSB
Soap: B&M 2020 Hallows
Brush: RR Beehive Plissoft

proxy.php
proxy.php

OCtober 18 evening - danger flathead / Bic CrPt (6)

I let this unbranded razor out of the cage about once a year, for OCtober. Here is the head and the profoundly asymmetrical alignment of the untensioned and unsupported blade:
B00B0ED8-CDB5-482E-A2AF-26C4BA7F805C.jpeg

In this configuration, the right side won't shave at all and the left side just wants to cut. My skin, not my stubble.

Naturally, I picked a very unfavored brushless cream, Mollé, to pair with this wannabe devette. All lube, zero protection.

I shaved my one pass ATG as shallow as possible on the tough cheek skin, then perfectly steep N-S on the tender neck skin. Darn close after one pass. No desire for another.

67D89E56-43DA-4EAA-9BCB-498DA4CC7657.jpeg

It has a bad complexion to go with the bad attitude.

DFDA0928-8045-43A9-9353-EBA5759E7954.jpeg

Ride the Tiger. Unscarred. I feel Lucky.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
OCtober 2020 #10
Single Edge Sunday
20201018_071453~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector OC :001_wub:
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (5)
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite 24mm Stygian Synth Hybrid
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Reuzel Wood & Spice
Fragrance: Original Penguin Reserve

WTG, ATG, XTG plus minor touch-up using the Vector OC.

DFS++ (BBS except the "Fool's Pass" area) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Outstanding shave. 😎

IMG_0452.JPG

Pre: -
Razor: R41 on Giesen & Forsthoff SS handle
Blade: Perma Sharp 6th use - tossed afterwards
Brush: Omega boar
Soap: Tabac puck + pug :c9:
Result: DFS+

Even accounting for the nature of the R41, todays shave had a little bit to much scrapy quality to it so I retired the Perma Sharp after 6 uses. Next shave will be with my NI tuckaway and a Nacet.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, OCtober19th,2020

Razor:Gem Damaskeene open comb- MFG 1912-15, Excellent milder mid range, good daily driver. They got it right 108 yrs ago IMO.
Blade:Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Still manufacturing, Remnants of A.S.R. Corp umbrella of different shaving Companies.
Soap: Tabac- excellent lather qualities with a clean mild flowery scent.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 plissoft 24mm- closest brush Imation of my Omega boar brush. Good brush for a scrub.
Pre shave:Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock American barber aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem 1912 Damaskeene O.C with a Gem teflon coated blade!

GEMonday.Oct19th. 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Fatip Retro
Blade: Dorco Prime (3)
Soap: Tabac puck
Brush: Fendrihan Synthetic

This was for Oct 18. It wasn't a great shave, since I had to run out the door for a long drive. I think I'll pull this blade out of the Retro and put it in the RR Jaws to see how it'll do with 4 shaves on it.

OCtober 19 - Gillette Senator

This Senator, man, so good. The GSB is still not the smoothest feeling blade for this razor for me, but everything else about this razor is just working right now.

Prep: Hot Shower
OC: Gillette Senator
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Soap: GF Trumper Lime
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 Super
After: alum and Trumper Lime Skinfood
705B3B10-6A7C-4005-B128-73E03C2BFFE6.jpeg

Top Bottom