What's new

OCTOBER 2020 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! Even the case seems to be pristine. Good find...I love mine, though I don't use it as often as some others. It's almost too pretty to get my whiskers on it.

I received 3 mail calls over the past week and a half and just haven't had the time to post. A package came in from PAA to stock up on some deodorants, a new alum block (I dropped my current one) and holder, the Prismatic razor - something I always wanted to try, and completed the collection of the PAA retro acrylic brushes. I believe these are one of the best values in the business with cool colors and styling, excellent synthetic knots, and reasonable pricing. I can't forget the Clown Fruit Cube. Love Clown Fruit and could not resist. I just wish it was mentholated.

I also received a small package from the Razor Company. I did not know about these guys, but they are local in Michigan and provide free shipping for orders over $10. I recommend trying them. I have been intrigued by Leviathan for some time, but put off purchasing last year because I just disliked the label artwork so much and hoped B&M would redesign again this year. I really dig this latest artwork. I just wish B&M made a normal AS this year instead of the balm. I was not going to buy the EDT until at least I knew I liked the scent.

Today I received the Classic Monster tribute from Dr. Jons. Shave Till The Grave. Not quite as elaborate as the Holy Black offerings, but still very cool. I just hate the crappy metal tins, but if you want Dr. Jons, there is no choice. The artwork is great and makes up for the use of metal. From a quick whiff of each soap, the scents smell great. It is hard to tell until they get lathered up, but the set should be fun and enjoyable. I just wish it was one scent at a time per year. 3 seasonal soaps all at once is a lot of soap. They wrapped the package in a thick red paper and it all looked nice. I am really excited about this one. The shirt that came with the package will be delivered separately.

It looks like plenty of awesome shaves ahead!
Steve

IMG_7867.jpg

IMG_7917.jpg

IMG_7943.jpg

IMG_7945.jpg

IMG_7946.jpg

I am stoked to share this razor with the world. It even took control of me and made a small website. www.doubleringtin.com (lot of work left to do) Couple of important facts. The razor is market PAT.A.FOR consistent with the early 1903 and 1904 double rings. The inspection ticket I thought blank until I looked really close is faded but dated Jan. 18, 1904. All 20 orignal blades in fantastic conditon and two with the heat lot notches. I have been trying to track the tins out there and I think we know of 4 tins with felt. One I found in an auction catalog the mentioned the rare blade tins so that could be a complete one also. You just never know what had been sitting in a drawer somewhere.
Nshoot-3.JPG
DRING-10.JPG
DRING-14.JPG
DRING-15.JPG
DRING-16.JPG
DRING-17.JPG
PAtAPFOR.JPG
ticket-1.JPG
DRING-3.JPG

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
It does not get any better than that, folks!!!! So awesome. I just have the razor but this us the whole kit and kaboodle! Where did you find it if you don't mind me asking? Wow!

It does not get any better than that, folks!!!! So awesome. I just have the razor but this us the whole kit and kaboodle! Where did you find it if you don't mind me asking? Wow!

From a private collector who valued the pre 1900 safety razors much more.

The Holy Grail of safety razors. The condition of those tins with the art-deco painted labels is astonishing. Would love to see your set on Antique Roadshow.

Amazing! You truly hold a rare piece of history in your hands. When something like this is found it's really a win for all of us. Congrats and thank you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Today was another great mail call. I received a couple of Lancaster Razor Works shave towels - one for me and one for my son. He picked the Royal Purple and I now have a Lavender. They appear and feel very nice. I also received the Holy Black Vampire Hunter Kit. This is a very well done, themed product. Everything is cool and fun in the spirit of Halloween. The only 2 criticisms I have are 1) The set smells terrible - The clove of garlic will not only keep vampires away, but also my family - lol. I am sure over time, with the garlic removed, the sent of the set will not be so potent. 2) I wish the set contained a shave soap. I enjoy strongly themed items that are focused around products I use the most. My hair is disappearing, and I really don't need a firm pomade. Currently without a beard or mustache as well, I don't really need hair tonic. Nevertheless, I will try these out sparingly and who knows, maybe they will work nicely for me in limited applications. A soap or shaving cream would have been better. It is a lot of prop and theme for EDT and aftershave. Otherwise, it is perfect for those of us that appreciate unique highly imaginative shaving/personal care related items. Holy Black did a really great job.

IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_7965.jpg

IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7971.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom