What's new

October 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'm out. Picked up some B&M Hallows After Shave Balm. I really like the scent of the soap that I pre-ordered in September, and then (without thinking), grabbed a jar of the balm when Will put it up on his website. I'll be back in November....good luck, my friends!

This afternoon's shave:
Strop: Tony Miller​
Razor: Buck Salient SR by Caleb Cooper - Matte Black G10​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: WCS Beacon Silvertip Badger 24mm​
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap​
Aftershave: Proraso After Shave Balm, Cypress & Vetyver​

Full disclosure:

I just bought a coffee mug (to actually drink coffee, not to lather soap) from Captain's Choice. I have been eyeing this for a while. I had several other items that are shaving related in my cart - because I wanted to maximize the shipping charges - but I removed them before purchasing.​

SO - I stand at the mercy of the GRUME court. I think I am still in, what say you?
I think that's fine. I have a CC Mug as well and it's been serving me well this year. Fresh coffee in the CC mug is a great start to the morning.
Agreed. It's for coffee, not for shaving. Now, if you use it to soak your brush...

A Tabac Tuesday on a Creamy Monday during Tabactober;
[IMG]

[IMG]

Nearly there, gents! Geez, I guess I should get the November thread going...

SOTD
  • NEW SC
  • Nacet (5)
  • Tabac!
  • Yaqi 24mm badger
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Spice ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
I think that the NEW SC has replaced the Old Type as my favorite OC. It's unfortunate that I can't trust the OT anymore, but I'm perfectly happy with the general efficiency of the SC.

November is right around the corner, so here's the thread:

Come one, come all, and beat the ADs during the holidays!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
That darn Twitter Machine almost got me... just scrolling along, minding my own business, when a tweet from Simpsons appears with a photo of a LE Commodore x2 synthetic with the less expensive sovereign fibre. I resisted, but I entertained the thought of emailing Mr Watterson longer than I probably should have done. It looks like a beautiful little brush.

Still in.
Last shave with Feather blade, used a Karve with plate B.
One thing that I am not sure about is that today I had again some more feel from AS on one part of my neck. But, and this is the unsure thing, it might be caused by my hands when I am wettin my face. I have some very hard and sharp caluses on my hands (from barbell bar) and they could leave a scratch on skin....I don't know, I have to keep an eye on it

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Giddy up! The horses can smell the barn now, lads... we're almost home...

Gillette 70s Super Speed, Shark SS; Simpson Eagle G3 Super; Proraso 'white' soap; vintage kanon after shave. That's a helluva nice shave on a damp autumn Tuesday.

I'm still in.

Top Bottom