What's new

October 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

OCtober 23: Stayed with the Goodwill 160

Nice shave.

Been using my most hated synth brush with some interesting cream from Portugal. Hating the brush a lot less. Key seems to be bowl lathering with cream. No soap. No attempts at face lathering. Think I’ll post that on the “What I learned today” thread.

Weird .... wrong thread. This was for “OCtober ...”. Still out :wacko:

Last edited:
Still in.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, Nuage oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.84, Astra SP #8
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Made my new Arko puck, lemon fresh!

Tried using the GC.84 head with all the usual things (including my favourite handle), so that only the gap was different.

Got a DFS without any drama, but it needed more concentration than the GC.68.

Just a great Sandal Wood Saturday Shave with Proraso Red
[IMG]

[IMG]

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Only 18 hours since my last shave, but that's why I usually opt for only 2 passes. I'll be using the Fatip OC Grande with a GSB nearly ready for the bin; a Zenith Manchurian with Proraso blue cream pushed into the knot for a face lather, and Floid Vigoroso after shave. Probably a little Proraso blue balm as well.

I'm still in.

Still hanging around....
Strop: Tony Miller​
Razor: Buck Salient SR by Caleb Cooper - Matte Black G10​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm​
Starting queue up my November 1st restock order. No freewheeling - honest....ahem

Full disclosure:

I just bought a coffee mug (to actually drink coffee, not to lather soap) from Captain's Choice. I have been eyeing this for a while. I had several other items that are shaving related in my cart - because I wanted to maximize the shipping charges - but I removed them before purchasing.​

SO - I stand at the mercy of the GRUME court. I think I am still in, what say you?

Full disclosure:

I just bought a coffee mug (to actually drink coffee, not to lather soap) from Captain's Choice. I have been eyeing this for a while. I had several other items that are shaving related in my cart - because I wanted to maximize the shipping charges - but I removed them before purchasing.​

SO - I stand at the mercy of the GRUME court. I think I am still in, what say you?
I think that's fine. I have a CC Mug as well and it's been serving me well this year. Fresh coffee in the CC mug is a great start to the morning.

Top Bottom