What's new

October 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Preshave: Hot washcloth, Nuage oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Wilkinson boar
Razors: Rockwell 6S R4, Personna #11, GC.68, Astra SP #11
Post-shave: Brut AS, Nivea Balm.

DFS, mostly with the GC.68, because the Personna was done for.

Arko plus tub down to 12g; surely this has to be on the home straight now... :001_smile

Still in
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: DE89 head on WCS handle
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Timeless Black
Soap & A/S: Captain’s Choice Nor’easter
Fantastic shave today, played some Chris Stapleton and took my time, very enjoyable shave.
26441057-0C7E-4C88-9575-98C90C701457.jpeg

Preshave: Hot washcloth, KoS Blue oil
Soap: Palmolive, bowl-lathered
Brush: Men-U boar
Razors: GC.84, P74 #21, GC.68, Astra SP #12
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase.

Went back to the Personna 74, and it worked flawlessly in the GC.84. The combination feels smooth and mild.

At this rate I'm more likely to kill the P74 with a handling mishap than to wear it out.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I think I've got to take a break from trying to murder this tub of Cella. After a couple weeks of daily use a small red blotch at my collar line has spread across my neck- right where my collar would sit if I were wearing one. It's now a genuine rash, and tonight's shave only made it redder. That's too bad because I'm really enjoying the soap. I'll back off it for a week to see if it clears up and then perhaps start using it only 2 or 3 times a week to see if that makes a difference.

But tonight's shave was a gentle delight, otherwise. Fatip Grande with a GSB, Cella, Simpson 2 band Duke 3, some medicated witch hazel and a little CeraVe moisturizer on my irritated neck and some vintage Gillette Sun Up to finish. I may look like hell but I smell good.

Top Bottom