OCtober shave #20:
Gillette Canadian New Long Comb
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India) (2)
Nivea moisturizing shave cream
Wilkinson Sword Boar
Alum
Aqua Velva Ice Sport

Monday OCtober 21

Going with some US made razors this week. First up is my 1934 Aristocrat. While this razor shaves well, it's not quite as good as my British Aristocrat #15.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - MWF (it's Monday)
Brush - Rubberset 400-3
Blade - Gillette Platinum (5)
Razor - Gillette Aristocrat 1934 (US)
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

Shave rating 5 of 5

This Aristocrat is a mild razor and not very efficient. I received a good shave in 2 passes. I didn't shave over the weekend so I had 3 days beard growth. The first pass WTG was smooth with no blade feel, and not very efficient and it left me with some stragglers, <DFS. The second pass, XTG and again was a very smooth pass with absolutely no blade feel and and finished BBS. The MWF lather was very good on both passes. I got a 2 pass, nick and weeper free shave. The alum was silent, even on my neck area which is unusual. I finished off with the Clubman Whiskey Woods, a scent I really like.

Overall, a really good shave. Going with some US made OC razors this week.

Happy OCtober and great shaves everyone.
1724D9DD-A471-48E2-AC50-A520C09AD910.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 21 on a MMMonday and today out of the Gem rack came the legendary Micromatic open comb(MMOC) razor and it gave me a decent shave. Some blade feel for me and for myself that is a instant understanding of its ability to perform in a more aggressive way if I want it at my disposal. I find the MMOC not overly aggressive if used properly for my shave outcomes.

Razor : Micromatic open comb with bumps on base plate variant-MFG 1932-41-Bumpless base plate 1930-32
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (4)
Soap : Tabac
Brush : Razorock Noir 400
Preshave: Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dab of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area
Post shave: Dickinson's witch hazel
Post shave: Proraso green lotion AS + Nivea balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + aftershave indicated minor irritation +1 weeper= :001_smile

MMMonday 21-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

One shave Friday, face and head, one this morning face only, smae setup

NEW Standard
Rapira Platinum Luxe
Synbad 30 mm
IanS Orange Geranium

Fast becoming my favorite DE

OCtober Shave 20

1906 Gillette Single Ring razor
Gillette Nacet blade (7)
Omega Bigger Bambino Boar Brush
Razorock Orange Sunrise soap
Dickenson's Witch Hazel for AS

OCtober Shave #15

Gillette New Improved Standard Razor - 1922
Gillette Silver Blue (5)
APShave Synthetic Horse Hair 22mm Brush
Old Spice Shaving Cream (modern in tube)
Old Spice Shulton Brand AS

Decided to start the week "smelling like a man".

Well, this will be the last OCtober shave with this razor, binning the blade and I am going to break out my New SOC. I once again used the razor as if it were an Old Type and got an irritation free BBS shave. BUT, I still got weepers along the jaw line on the right side of my chin. They were gone with the cold water splash, but they still happened.

No irritation, a smooth BBS shave, I should be happy, but in a weird way, I am disappointed. Those weepers.... I think I could get this razor dialed in, but I have 3 razors in my cabinet that I can get DFS+/BBS, non-irritation and non-weeper shaves day in and day out. I find I am loosing motivation to work with this razor and want to go to 1 of those 3 razors, my New SOC.

Would I recommend the New Improved? I only used it 5 times, so I don't think I can say its a great razor or a difficult hard to use razor. All I can say at this point is I will likely set it aside and come back to it in a year or so.

hAvE a GrEaT oNe! ShAvE oN!
My own personal motto is that a razor I don't like is one I haven't shaved with often enough. I do have to say that some have challenged more than others. It can take some time. I haven't tried a new improved yet so I can't help you there :001_rolle

This morning's shave:

Razor: WCS 110s
Blade: Derby Extra
Soap: Van Der Hagen Luxury
Brush: Omega S Brush
Aftershave: Proraso green

Shave on!

OCtober Shave #21

Razor: Gillette Goodwill 160
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Brush: RazoRock 24m Synthetic
Aftershave: Proraso Green

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0003 - Edited (2).jpg

Tuesday 10.22.19 SOTD
RazoRock Essential Oil Of Lime Shave Oil
RazoRock Game Changer OC .84-P. / Gillette Nacet (1)
Simpsons Commodore X3 Best Badger
RazoRock "What The Puck?!" Lime Burst
Italian Barber Amici After Shaving Splash

DSCF0004 - Edited (1).jpg

OCtober shave #20
Merkur 41C + Gillette Nacet (2)
Used Lather & Wood Preshave Oil. Face lather with Muhle XL & Tabac Original.
3 passes + touch ups to DFS+. No issues. Pleasant shave.

My own personal motto is that a razor I don't like is one I haven't shaved with often enough. I do have to say that some have challenged more than others. It can take some time. I haven't tried a new improved yet so I can't help you there

I agree with your motto. I got a really smooth, close shave and I love the look and feel of the New Improved. Its the dedication towards learning this razor. I think it would be worth it, just not now. I believe you need at least 30 to 50 shaves with a razor to learn how it will truely perform.

Have A Great One! 10 More Days!!

21 October 2019
Razor: Merkur 25c
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Simpsons 46 Berkeley best badger
Soap: Maggard Razors lilac
Aftershave: Mickey Lee Jefferson Square lavender

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom