What's new

OCtober 2019

OCtober Shave 1

1906 Single Ring
Gillette Nacet blade (1)
Omega Bigger Bambino Boar Brush
Razorock Orange Sunrise soap
Dickenson's Witch Hazel for AS

First shave with this new, old razor. I shaved late yesterday so there wasn't much to work with but it did the job. I kept a steep angle for the time being which seems to work with old types.

OCtober Shave #1

Razor: ATT S2
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap: Arko
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Ferrari
Aftershave: Clubman Musk

OCtober Shave 1
Gillette Old Type w/Personna Red
Omega boar
Pre de Provence
British Sterling AS
20191001_155224.jpg

I'm in!!!

10/1/2019. 2nd shave with first OC. Cade shave soap in Imperial container, Shavemac 24/52mm synthetic, Gillette NEW short comb with Charcoal Goods hammered antique brass handle. Astra SP blade.

IMG_0120.jpg

Gillette Single Ring/Gillette Silver Blue
Fendrihan 24mm Tux/Wickham 1912 Le Bleu
Thayers Astringent/Aqua Velva/Aramis Adventurer

Good start with the Single Ring to the OCtober event. 3 passes and it was over. The Wickham 1912 gives a real nice slickness and protection that I can appreciate. Thayers sets the pace and AV Ice Blue sets the face. Aramis is just the cherry on top. Great shaves to all....

F2F48BBD-17B0-459C-AC94-1D0717A3D2D5.jpeg

First time participant in OCtober. I’ve only got two OCs but still jazzed to be part of it! First shave of the month was:

Razor: WCS 110s
Soap: VDH Luxury
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Semogue 820
Aftershave: Barbasol Brisk

Have a great week all!
578A90DD-2DAD-4F58-B8F8-64EBEACD1AD7.jpeg

I’m in!

I’m a night shaver, so this is my first shave of the month.

Razor: Razorock Old Type w/ fat handle from my Tech

Blade: Gillette Nacet (8)

Soap: Tabac

Brush: Paragon Plisson 28mm

Great shave with one minor nick/weeper on my upper lip. My daily razor is a Rockwell 6s on plate 4, so this was quite an adjustment but I really enjoyed the shave!
959BAEE0-6C5D-4879-A953-910AA27B6427.jpeg

Greetings Open-Comb Shavers --

We're getting a bit of a late start this year, but when it comes to shaving: better late than never. This has been an annual tradition for many years -- last thread I found was in 2013, but it may go back even further than that -- and I hope everyone with an open comb razor will join in. Here is a link to last year's event (OCtober 2018)...and here is a quick summary of the "rules":
  1. There really are no "rules".....all it takes is an OC razor. Even though this thread is housed in the "DE" area, all OC razors are welcome: DE, SE, even those weird (but highly regarded) Wecks!!! :001_tongu. If it uses a blade and has an open toothed comb, then it's "in".

2. We've been taking a "head count" for years, so if you're going to participate (even for a single shave), just let us know with a "I'm in!!!" -- explanation points are optional.

3. You don't have to shave the whole month with an OC (although it is highly encouraged and respected :punk:)....some will show for one shave and others for 31. When you do use your OC, please post your shave. It's doesn't have to have a pic (although we REALLY like pictures), just tell us something about your shave....most folks at least mention the razor, the blade (always looking for good razor-blade combos), the soap (always looking for good soaps/creams), the brush (always....well, you get the picture). Most of us are still learning about different razors, and these events are always great for learning about different razors and how they shave.

4. See rule #1.
So whether you have 1 or considerably more :shifty:, come join in the fun. I will be this year's facilitator/statistician. I reached out to @Shutterbug57, and work is keeping him very busy, so I offered to carry the torch this year.

For those veterans, if I've left something out, please chime in. This is only my 2nd OCtober, and I want to do it proud.

Okay, who's in???
"I'm in!!!"

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just finished my first shave of the OC month. An old patent 1920 Gillette LC head on a 1962 Tech Ball End handle. Used a sample soap sent to me by a fellow B&Ber. Awesome shave, as close as I care to get to a BBS shave. Did have one bleeder I couldn't feel, that disappeared after a cold water rinse. No AS burn. I'll stay in!!!

Fast pic of today’s OC on the spot - the wonderful 1934 US Aristocrat. And what a superb shaver it is. Completely up there with yesterday’s British cousin in terms of smoothness and efficiency, did my usual 3-pass WTG, XTG, ATG.

It’s been a long while since I used an OC two days in a row - they sure are efficient!

Otherwise same setup as yesterday: Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar cream, Chubby1 BB, new feather blade and homebrew blue splash.

Happy shaves, guys.

DFD632F6-E1B0-4236-BCCD-BB95B8F25D44.jpeg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0008 - Edited (2).jpg

Wednesday 10.02.19 SOTD
RazoRock Essential Oil Of Lime Shave Oil
Muhle R41 iKon OSS Handle / Feather (2)
Yaqi R1730 Sagarda Familia Tuxedo synth
RazoRock "What The Puck?!" Lime Burst
Italian Barber Amici After Shaving Splash

DSCF0009 - Edited.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
OCtober shave count: (2)

SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Joris
Blade: Shark SS (3)
Brush: Omega S11745
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra
033_50.jpg

Today's shave was my normal 2 1/2 passes with excellent results-bbs with dfs on my neck. The difference in todays shave from yesterday was being quick. I'm pretty sure that taking time and care lends to over thinking the shave. My best results are always when I just shave.

Top Bottom