What's new

OCtober 2019

As I stated in my previous post, I won’t be shaving everyday with an OC razor but, I will shave with everyone in my possession at least once. Just want to keep it on the level and not throw the Gentleman off that started the thread and the basic outline that was given. The R41’s are semi hybrid razors, some consider they are open combs others don’t.

If the Gatekeeper @Flintstone65 deems that they are not true Open Combs, then they’re out. Just give me a heads up. I also have a Gamechanger .84 OC coming in as well. And yes, the KEEN Cutter & Enders SE’s are open combs as well.

The starting Line up for OCtober.......

A8E2BACB-28F7-4C88-953A-A48F5340849A.jpeg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
As I stated in my previous post, I won’t be shaving everyday with an OC razor but, I will shave with everyone in my possession at least once. Just want to keep it on the level and not throw the Gentleman off that started the thread and the basic outline that was given. The R41’s are semi hybrid razors, some consider they are open combs others don’t.

If the Gatekeeper @Flintstone65 deems that they are not true Open Combs, then they’re out. Just give me a heads up. I also have a Gamechanger .84 OC coming in as well. And yes, the KEEN Cutter & Enders SE’s are open combs as well.

The starting Line up for OCtober.......

View attachment 1021067
Beautiful razors and great diversity. As for the R41, I'm taking a "stare decisis" approach on this thread and I went back and checked the OCtober archive -- the R41 has been welcomed as a participant going back to before 2016, so it's in this year as well.

The one you identify as a new improved looks like a ball end old type to me. Not positive though.

You are right! I got that razor really cheap, under 8 dollars a year ago and just put it into my razor storage shelf. I took a good look at it just now and doing a little bit of research, it appears to be a thick cap Old Type ball end.

Now I have a reason to get an New Improved :biggrin1:

Have a Great One!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
I have four true open combs in my rotation. They are from left: RazoRock SLOC, Gillette ball end NEW LC gold. Schone OC nickel and Schone OC gold (first two pix).
I used the Schone OC gold this morning (third pic).
I also have a Muhle R41 iKon OSS Handle, which I plan to use next week (fourth pic).

DSCF0013 - Edited.jpg

DSCF0015 - Edited.jpg

DSCF0009 - Edited (2).jpg

DSCF0008 - Edited (1).jpg

Last edited:

Flintstone65

I'm in. Try to keep up right through October. Only shave every second day or so. Got more than enough different open combs to keep me busy.

Flintstone65

Are slant OC razors allowed for OCtober 2019?
Absolutely -- if that razor has an open comb, it is in!!! I've got my 3 OC slants, and assuming there is space in my rotation, I'm planning on at least one of them showing up. I was doing my OC count, and I have well over 30 different models (never mind the slight variations with models) with Open Combs....so some of mine won't make it off the bench this month.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Well sir, usually I feel the need to reign your rule-bending nature in; but this time we're on the same page. (...) So bring on the beautiful Lather Catcher and let's rule-bend together!!! I am truly glad you're joining us!!!

That, my friend, is why I asked. It's not like I NEED to bend the rules to play this game! (Really? When did I grow up?)

O.H.

You can count me in for a few shaves
I just went through my collection and
Dug out a couple of Open Combs so I'll
Be joining in on the fun.

20190929_194431.jpg

I'm in (use OC anyway). Will be mainly on the Fatip Grande and my NEW RFB when blade alignment on the Fatip annoys me :D Might even take my Souplex out for a shave or two.

Once I get my hands on JAWS and/or .84 OC plate I’ll be in, too. It’s my birthday month so maybe I owe it to myself to pick up a couple OC’s anyway 😉

Once I get my hands on JAWS and/or .84 OC plate I’ll be in, too. It’s my birthday month so maybe I owe it to myself to pick up a couple OC’s anyway 😉

IB has the Gamechanger OC available as a top cap and base plate assembly for $35. Just put on your fav handle and get busy.... :thumbup1:

Top Bottom