OCtober shave count: (11)

SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Grande c
Blade: Shark Platinum (2)
Brush: Omega S10077
Soap: Fine Lavender Pour Homme
Aftershave: Reuzel
033_50.jpg

My shaves are moving right along this week. My Grande is a joy to use, Shark Platinum's are a very nice blade, and Fine Lavender Pour Homme is a nice scent. I wish it was more Lavender than mixed to make it more "manly", but it's not bad. I also wish the scent was more pronounced either way. My two favorite Fine scents are Green Vetiver and Snake Bite. The lavender is just nice.

OCtober shave #10
Razor: Gillette Single Ring
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: WCS Tortoiseshell Torch Silvertip
Soap: NO Barrbarr
Aftershave: NO Barrbarr
Bowl: CC Copper

OCtober shave #10
Razor: Gillette Single Ring
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: WCS Tortoiseshell Torch Silvertip
Soap: NO Barrbarr
Aftershave: NO Barrbarr
Bowl: CC Copper
I'm over my limit for this months spending, but that copper bowl is in first place for next month :thumbup1:

Timeless 95 OC / Persona Red (12th) - 12th OC Shave of the month, as I used my OneBlade two days and skipped shaving on Sunday.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 15 and its the Razorock SLOC razor turn for this OC month. Of all my DE razors this is one of favorites for travel and regular use. It is harder maybe to get a BBS shave for some but that is why I like this razor because it gives me a DFS minium result & in some of these countries were you don't want to many nicks and is easy on the skin. Excellent daily driver IMO.

Razor: Razorock SLOC - MFG 2018
Blade: Gillette 7 Oclock super platinum black (1)
Soap: Proraso Red Sandal wood
Brush: Razorock Noir 400
Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand soap + a Dab of clear aloe Vera gel
Post shave: A splash of Witch hazel on face to clean soap off
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no nicks=:biggrin1:
OCtober 15-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

OCt15 (shave 14)

Very Italian, very rinfrescante.

Fatip Piccolo/Supermax Blue Diamond
Proraso Green cream (but was it truly tonificante?)
Omega boar

278208C2-9E99-49EF-8B5A-3444F94392CC.jpeg

With all these fall shaves, I cut back to just two passes. And, no, I didn’t fiddle with the blade alignment.

Does the head of the Merkur 41C and the handle from the 23C give me a 25C? Or is the head of the 15C/25C different from the 1904/06 Classic 41C?

My opinion. Q1 yes, Q2 no. I always post my 41C head on a short/skinny Merkur handle as a 15C.

I believe Merkur has one OC head, basically unchanged from my vintage 50s/60s Merkur OC. From what I’ve read and photos I’ve seen, you can also put it on a Muhle handle and have yourself an early model R41.

Nicely made and plated head. Is it brass under all that chrome? The head on my vintage Merkur is pristine, while the chromed zamak handle is badly corroded. I presume the the Merkur head was based on the Gillette Old Type. It is a worthy successor.

OCtober shave #14
Merkur 41C + Gillette SharpEdge (4).
Face lathered with Muhle XL and Tabac Original. 3 passes + touch ups to DFS+. No issues. AV after shave report was high due to the extra passes needed to complete the shave.

OCtober Shave #11

Gillette New Improved Standard Razor - 1922
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
APShave Faux Horse Hair Imitation Marble v2
Old Spice Shaving Cream (modern in tube)
Old Spice Shulton Brand AS

View attachment 1026118
This mornings shave kit. Another Old Spice Day.

View attachment 1026119
Close-up of the razor. It has some plating loss, but other than that, its in great shape.

A nice DFS this morning. First time using this razor or any New Improved. I liked the weight of the razor (78g) and it shaved more like a New than an Old Type. This was a razor I was hoping to like, and I was not disappointed. Looking forward to using it in the future and I think I will be able to use a Nacet blade in it.

I am calling this a Standard because I got it without a case or box. I have no clue how it started out, all I know is the serial number and production numbers for 1922 indicate a production date around the beginning of 2nd quarter of 1922.

Have a Great One! Keep on Shaving! We are half way there!
"Smell Like A Man" Gotta love the Old Spice :001_smile

This morning's shave:

WCS 110s OC
Ladas blade
Arko stick
Yaqi 24mm Black Marble Tuxedo synthetic
Proraso green aftershave

I find the 110s to be the aggressiveness I like. It's less forgiving for sure, but love the way it just gets the job done! Also love the heavy weight although, after trying light and heavy razors, I think my ideal weight would be around 85-90 grams. Have a good one!

IMG_0201.jpg

SOTD
  • Tabac
  • Maggards 24mm Synthetic
  • Thin-cap Old Type on '45 Ball End Tech Handle
  • Nacet (11)
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Gentlemen's Grooming Black Pepper & Thistle ASP
  • Dominica Bay Rum AS

OCtober Shave 14

Gillette NEW Short Comb
Gillette Nacet blade (1)
Omega Bigger Bambino Boar Brush
Razorock Orange Sunrise soap
Dickenson's Witch Hazel for AS

This was one of my first DE razors but I hadn't used it in a while. I tried the steep angle with it and I actually didn't get as close as I did with the Fatip or Old Type.

Tuesday OCtober 15

Today I used one of my favorite razors, a Leresche #54. I particularly like the long open combs on this razor and using this when I've got a week or more of beard growth. But today I'm using this after shaving the day before and the shave was smooooooth. I also started a new blade today, a Gillette Platinum (Swede).

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - Caties Bubbles Barnegat Bay (I am from NJ)
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Fanchurian
Blade - Gillette Platinum (1)
Razor - Leresche #54 (France)
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

Shave rating 5 of 5

I did a two pass shave today; pass 1 WTG and was DFS+, pass 2 XTG was easy BBS. This is a very good and smooth shaving razor and, as noted above, one of my favorites. The Barnegat Bay soap has a nice scent and lathered and lubricated well. I had no nicks or anything close to a weeper - the alum was very quiet. I'm not sure whether the Whiskey Woods compliments the scent of the Barnegat Bay soap or not but I don't really care, I really like the Whiskey Woods.

Overall, a great shave. Tomorrow I'm deviating from my OC focus this month for my birthday shave with my F4 Fatboy. Then I'll be back with a few more French and English razors that will be the razors for my next few shaves this week.

Happy OCtober and great shaves everyone.
BF5D877C-C916-4E39-821A-8DC72AAC1EA5.jpeg

OCtober shave #7

DE: 15c with Derby blade
Soap: Tabac
AS: Tabac
ASB: Occitane Cade

After the rather poor experience yesterday with a new derby blade in the 15c, I had to try to improve the technique. Beside a hot towel to prepare the skin, I also used quite some more water than usual to create a much slicker lather. I was immediately rewarded by a much smoother experience!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Tuesday OCtober 15

Today I used one of my favorite razors, a Leresche #54. I particularly like the long open combs on this razor and using this when I've got a week or more of beard growth. But today I'm using this after shaving the day before and the shave was smooooooth. I also started a new blade today, a Gillette Platinum (Swede).

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - Caties Bubbles Barnegat Bay (I am from NJ)
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Fanchurian
Blade - Gillette Platinum (1)
Razor - Leresche #54 (France)
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

Shave rating 5 of 5

I did a two pass shave today; pass 1 WTG and was DFS+, pass 2 XTG was easy BBS. This is a very good and smooth shaving razor and, as noted above, one of my favorites. The Barnegat Bay soap has a nice scent and lathered and lubricated well. I had no nicks or anything close to a weeper - the alum was very quiet. I'm not sure whether the Whiskey Woods compliments the scent of the Barnegat Bay soap or not but I don't really care, I really like the Whiskey Woods.

Overall, a great shave. Tomorrow I'm deviating from my OC focus this month for my birthday shave with my F4 Fatboy. Then I'll be back with a few more French and English razors that will be the razors for my next few shaves this week.

Happy OCtober and great shaves everyone.
View attachment 1026340
Happy birthday :)

ER 1914
GEM PTFE SS (3)
Shampoo

Quick face shave in the shower

GEM MMOC
GEM PTFE SS (3)
Anthony’s brushless cream
Icy Velva AS

Quick head shave out of shower

(Technically the 1914 is closed comb since it all joins up at the bottom, but for where the comb hits the face it’s open)

Top Bottom