What's new

OCTOBER 2019 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to my good Polish brother I am now the proud owner of some fine Polish shaving products. The old adjustable LODZ Wizamet razor is mine, just added for photo effect. Reviews of the BOND aftershaves coming soon !
IMG_1219.JPG
IMG_1222.JPG

My wife's family is from Poland, and had the opportunity to visit there last year. Krakow, Lublin and the Tatras mountains to be exact. Would like to add some Polish products to the collection, but don't recall seeing them from any of the vendors I frequent. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some of these products

My wife's family is from Poland, and had the opportunity to visit there last year. Krakow, Lublin and the Tatras mountains to be exact. Would like to add some Polish products to the collection, but don't recall seeing them from any of the vendors I frequent. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some of these products
there are also some superb brushmakers , strop makers and straight razor makers there....

No matter the season, no matter the weather the hunt should continue....

Visit the familiar places, seek out new ones, always searching for the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

Yesterday I received a package from PAA. I will break in the new stuff this weekend. The Solar Flare brush looks so nice in person and I can't wait to try it. I also picked up a frog deco blade bank for my son. He wanted a blade bank and I think the frog is the nicest I've seen.
Steve

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5976.jpg

Some time ago I visited the Polish shops in Greenpoint, a Brooklyn neighborhood known for its Polish population.
Nothing shave-related, alas.

Mother bought this for me since I have wanted one since I started shaving. She said she paid 59.99 plus shipping.

20191009_183331.jpg
20191009_183336.jpg
20191009_183333.jpg
20191009_183340.jpg
20191009_183349.jpg
20191009_183347.jpg
20191009_183354.jpg

On wiborg site brushes are just black. Did they have the green or how did you end up with it.
They used to do lots of colors. The website hasn't been updated in years and many believe they are out of business. I think you have to know the owner personally or be an old returning customer to even get a response to an email. Like many people, I got my Wiborg second hand.

I’ve been wanting a Gillette short comb new for awhile but they’ve actually been tough to find (plenty of long comb news out there but fewer short combs it seems and I hadn’t gotten around to posting a wtb). Just picked up a lot of 3 razors on eBay that includes two short comb news with one being a thin bar plus a NDC superspeed. Got the three for twenty plus shipping. Needless to say I’m very pleased. I would have paid about that for one of the news.

Here is a pic

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom