What's new

OCTOBER 2019 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool. Are those bats?
Yes they are. That is one of Paladin's halloween brushes for this year. The back has a nice, detailed, engraving of a skeleton hanging near a bare tree.
1571573919741.png

Yesterday I received a package from the Holy Black with their new Black Magic set. They did a nice job and I can't wait to try it. I'm waiting for Saturday and a new razor that will come in the next couple of days.
Steve

IMG_6071.jpg

IMG_6072.jpg

IMG_6074.jpg

IMG_6075.jpg

IMG_6076.jpg

Today I received a package from Wolfman razors. I have been trying to purchase a WR2 head and I luckily found James' new online order system when first introduced. I placed my request on 9/6 and received the razor today. I ordered the following configuration:

WR2-DC Mirror Polished SS OC: 1.05mm SB: 1.15 gaps with Solid 96mm WRH3 SS Mirror Polished Handle

It is a beauty as expected. It is the third Wolfman I ordered from James and add it to the collection:

WR1-OC .74mm Gap Darwin Handle
Light Blue Anodized Ti WR1-DC .61mm Gap WRH7 Handle

I took a number of pictures because it is not every day you see the packaging and unboxing. I can't wait to use it this Saturday and break it in with the Holy Black Black Magic set. The razor was a gift to myself and is timely for my 25th wedding anniversary which was about a week ago. My first Wolfman commemorated my 50th birthday. Now that I'm out of money and life events for awhile, I guess I will just need to keep putting these guys through the daily routine.
Steve
IMG_6080.jpg
IMG_6081.jpg

IMG_6082.jpg

IMG_6083.jpg

IMG_6085.jpg

IMG_6086.jpg

IMG_6087.jpg
IMG_6089.jpg

IMG_6091.jpg

Today I received a package from Wolfman razors. I have been trying to purchase a WR2 head and I luckily found James' new online order system when first introduced. I placed my request on 9/6 and received the razor today. I ordered the following configuration:

WR2-DC Mirror Polished SS OC: 1.05mm SB: 1.15 gaps with Solid 96mm WRH3 SS Mirror Polished Handle

It is a beauty as expected. It is the third Wolfman I ordered from James and add it to the collection:

WR1-OC .74mm Gap Darwin Handle
Light Blue Anodized Ti WR1-DC .61mm Gap WRH7 Handle

I took a number of pictures because it is not every day you see the packaging and unboxing. I can't wait to use it this Saturday and break it in with the Holy Black Black Magic set. The razor was a gift to myself and is timely for my 25th wedding anniversary which was about a week ago. My first Wolfman commemorated my 50th birthday. Now that I'm out of money and life events for awhile, I guess I will just need to keep putting these guys through the daily routine.
Steve
View attachment 1028667View attachment 1028668
View attachment 1028669
View attachment 1028670
View attachment 1028671
View attachment 1028672
View attachment 1028673View attachment 1028674
View attachment 1028675
Beautiful razors.

When it rains it pours. Yesterday I received yet another and final package for a bit. I have been eyeing Durhams and took a shot at a auction for this guys and won. I always thought these looked cool, kind of like a less expensive little brother to a type F with its metal deco style. I understand because of blade availability the shave may be a bit rough, but I like trying different styles of razors so I will give it a go. It will take awhile because I don't have any of the recommended Persona blades and I am in no rush to run out and buy them. I tried to clean it up but the shine is worn a bit. A little character I guess, but it still looks pretty good.
Steve

IMG_6118.jpg

IMG_6119.jpg

IMG_6120.jpg

When it rains it pours. Yesterday I received yet another and final package for a bit. I have been eyeing Durhams and took a shot at a auction for this guys and won. I always thought these looked cool, kind of like a less expensive little brother to a type F with its metal deco style. I understand because of blade availability the shave may be a bit rough, but I like trying different styles of razors so I will give it a go. It will take awhile because I don't have any of the recommended Persona blades and I am in no rush to run out and buy them. I tried to clean it up but the shine is worn a bit. A little character I guess, but it still looks pretty good.
Steve

View attachment 1029310
View attachment 1029311
View attachment 1029312
Send me an address and I'll shoot you some blades , I have a ton.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

These all arrived on Halloween, a Gillette Junior hot bottle 1918; an Algonquin with an extremely rough interior and razor that I’m fairly sure had sandpaper taken to it and a little empty pack of Shawmuts.

Attachments

• 041C7A30-D277-46ED-8A85-0BDA86109F04.jpeg
    041C7A30-D277-46ED-8A85-0BDA86109F04.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom