What's new

OCtober 2018

It is that time of year again when we are rapidly coming upon OCtober. I thought I would get this post out, although, I am almost a couple of weeks late. I am looking forward to OCtober again, although I am swamped at work, hence the late notice.

As always, if you want to participate in the OCtober fun, please post here that you plan to participate. If someone has a burning desire to be the administrator of this thread this year, that is fine by me. If nobody jumps at the chance, I will do it. Who is in???

October 2017

Hey, thanks for the early announcement. I mostly shave with SEs now, but OCtober gives me a chance to enjoy my favorite DEs, I’m in!

I'm in but only for the first three weeks. My interest in the three piece Gillettes was recently reawaken and so got some OC available.

I'm in. I will be using assorted Gillette News, Gillette Old Types, Gillitte Single Ring, Fatip Piccolo and a Muhle R41. Don't know the rules. Guess I should have checked that first.

I'm in. I will be using assorted Gillette News, Gillette Old Types, Gillitte Single Ring, Fatip Piccolo and a Muhle R41. Don't know the rules. Guess I should have checked that first.

No rules really. Just shave with an OC (open comb razor) and post your shaves. Pics are an added bonus. I then keep a running list of shaves. Take a look at last year’s thread linked in the OP in this thread to see more.

Razors can be DE or SE with open combs. 1912 SE razors are welcome.

Looking forward to it, I normally rely on my trusty SE, but for OCtober will try to get a rotation going with:

Eclipse Red Ring;
Gillette NEW long comb OC;
Gillette OLD OC; and
Goodfella OC;

Can’t wait!

I’m in! OCtober will give me a chance to spend some time with my damaskeene OC, kampfe, and Gillette new.

I'll be in again, using my Timeless 95 OC and New SC primarily. May toss in the Schone here or there.

Heck, may have already started, used an OC every day this week.

I'm in!
I doubt I'll shave every day, but when I save it will be an OC, and I'll post and hopefully take a pic too.

I’ll chime in from time to time as I have a few razors that have come in that I would like to test drive so, I won’t be able to dedicate the whole month to the OC’s. But, I have a few OC’s and will post when I line them up for a shave in OCtober....

Top Bottom