What's new

OCtober 2018

'09 ABC
Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp
Head shave only

I decided to kick it off with my oldest Gillette, not my oldest OC though. This is the early round toothed ABC made head. Very mild razor, easily the mildest of my OLD Types. 3 passes and some cleanup got me to a nice CCS.
View attachment 916578
That is really a beauty. They don't make razors like that anymore.

Started OCtober with a FaTip Piccolo SE & a fresh Voskhod.
Proraso green pre-shave,
Cella soap with a dob of Proraso green & a dribble of glycerin added,
Whipped up with an Omega 49 boar brush.
Finished up with a generic Witch Hazel, a splash of Benjamin's Bay Rum & Nivea sensitive balm.
Smoooth!

I usually do the full month, but "I'm in" for a sporadic OCtober this time round. I'll definitely post my OCtober OC shaves.

I think this will be the case for me, too. Last year I participated because my open combs sat unused. Since last OCtober, I've used OC razors a lot more, particularly my Merkurs and my Old Type clone. If I use any Open Combs this month, it will the the few that haven't made it into my rotation for a while: the Parker 26C, the Gem MMOC, and my Gillette WWI set Old Type.

15384040637591705440749.jpg

1st shave
Gillette SC, Stirling soap & AS, Turn N Shave boar

Started off OCtober with my Timeless 95 OC & a brand new Persona Red. Awesome combination for anyone with a Timeless 95 OC btw, just super smooth, comfortable, and close.

Soap was Proraso White face lathered with my 30mm Synthetic, followed by my mentholated Witch Hazel, and Avon Deep Woods AS.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Happy OCtober Friends! Today's shave is my first shave with this Gillette Old Type (original silver plate) with a serial number indicating 1919. Cella soap, Yaqi TimberWolf 26mm brush, and a Feather (4). Had 3 days of growth, and it gave an incredibly efficient shave producing a BBS after 3 passes and a couple of small touchups. I've got 8 other OCs waiting in the wings for their turn....it's gonna be a great month!!!! :a51:
BB1919_OCPic2.JPG

Count me in! The Fatip Grande is one of my favourite razors. But to kick off OCtober, I’ll use my Canadian Big Fellow.

OCtober shave 1

Gillette NEW Short Comb
Nacet (1)
Omega Bigger Bambino boar brush
Razorock P160 soap
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal AS

Been away from the OC razors for a while. Had a bit of irritation. Too much touch-up I think.

I'll play along:
Gillette Old Type
Nacet (4)
WhollyKaw King of Oud (sample)
Stirling Li'l Brudder synthetic
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

OCtober 2018 SOTD

Razor:
Fatip Butterscotch :001_wub:
Blade: Personna Red (4)
Brush: Tiny Shavemac Silvertip D01
Soap: Vitos Red
ASL: Proraso Red
upload_2018-10-2_0-24-33.png

An excellent start to the month. :001_smile

OCtober 1

As with my participation in Slantember and SEptember, I will forgo any staging in my pics and won’t bother with details about my brush, prep, and soaps. This should be about the razor, and everything else is a distraction.

Gillette New Improved Cavalier. I got this razor as part of a razor lot where I was really after two other razors. This was my first New Improved, which is really and improved Old Type. The improvement made it milder and more efficient that the Old Type. Got a comfortable two pass DFS tonight.

1.JPG

OCtober 1, 2018

PAA Ascension SS & Gillette Platinum Plus #3
Yaqi Tuxedo 30mm
GD Voyage
Thayers W/H Lemon Astringent
Escape A/S balm by Calvin Klein
Escape edt but Calvin Klein

840D7E39-37F8-4F40-B2A1-606C1666F59C.jpeg

A great, great shave.....

That is really a beauty. They don't make razors like that anymore.
Thanks!

OCtober 1

As with my participation in Slantember and SEptember, I will forgo any staging in my pics and won’t bother with details about my brush, prep, and soaps. This should be about the razor, and everything else is a distraction.

Gillette New Improved Cavalier. I got this razor as part of a razor lot where I was really after two other razors. This was my first New Improved, which is really and improved Old Type. The improvement made it milder and more efficient that the Old Type. Got a comfortable two pass DFS tonight.

View attachment 916761
Gorgeous! That must have been quite the lot if this one took a backseat to two others. The NI is still on my need to acquire list.

OCtober 1 - better a shave at 7pm than none at all...

45399F1B-6C05-4D1D-9228-E15EEB5700F4.jpeg

New to me (arrived today) Piccolo Special Edition.
Derby Extra, bristle up a mug of Arko, fast CCS.

Razor: Ikon B1 OC with Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium blade.
Brush: Paladin Jade Moe
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Arcane Abyss
AS: Shaveworks The Cool Fix
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

20181001_222958.jpg

Guerilla.
Ill be using the same setup until new stuff comes in the mail. Ill post again when it changes. I think this chubby and another 30mm i have on the way will help me 3017. I dont have alot but i dont want piles of soap and theres so much to try.

Top Bottom