What's new

OCtober 2018

Well...I have a Fatip Piccolo Special Edition coming in the mail. I've never used an OC razor before, so OCtober would be a good opportunity to learn how to use it, assuming that people won't be too upset by hearing that I've cut half of my face off.
If that's ok then I'm in. :001_smile

Thank you @Shutterbug57. :thumbup1:

I usually do the full month, but "I'm in" for a sporadic OCtober this time round. I'll definitely post my OCtober OC shaves. I believe that's OK as the "there are no rules" rule applies. Let me know if I'm wrong there please.

Here's the link to the last OCtober 2017. :wink2:

I'm in! I've been mostly shaving with injectors lately but I need to give my OCs some love. I may not be here every day but will definitely drop in.

I,m so there.Choices,choices,choices... I could just keep using my 36 Aristocrat,go back to my 35 New Deluxe or LC/SC News ,thick cap and 07 single ring Olds or try my recently acquired New Improved bent teeth and all... Open comb is the way I roll, so ever month is OCtober

I may have to bring my New back out, my GCs have gotten all the use lately! Debating whether I should buy a new handle for my New so as to not propagate the crack on the original ball end handle.

Hi,

In again. With my 7 OCs. Last year, I used them as a 7-day set. Maybe this year I will alternate 6 with my usual daily driver Fasan.

Note that one of them is an OC Injector. ;)

They are in production date order:

Old Type Thin Cap
New Improved
NEW SC
NEW LC
Schick Type C1
1934 Aristocrat
Fasan DoubleSlant

Stan

Seems like a good way to get ready for the cooler weather. For the next 3 days or so I'll use this Gillette big boy with a Kai blade and whatever soap/cream/brush combo I dig out of the cabinet. Today it was Simpson T2 and some old Pen's HB cream. Overall a nice combo.

IMG_2310.JPG

I'm in!
I had a practice run with my NEW SC tonight. Smooth and efficient with a fresh Vokshod.
It's going to be a good month.

10/1:
proxy.php

Fatip Piccolo
Gillette Nacet (1)
WCS Duck Fat Oriental
Frank Shaving 26mM Silvertip
Aqua Velva

Starting OCtober off right. It was already 1am when I had time for my shave, so why not?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have never used an OC razor before, so today is my first day at school. I have decided to use blades that didn't work for me in the Rockwell 6c, and this blade is the worst of those imho. So:

Fatip Piccolo Special Edition Original Plate
Derby Extra
Omega S10083 S-Brush Pro
Arko
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Amazingly this combo delivered a DFS+! In the past shaving with a Derby Extra was like shaving with a damp paperback book.

For me - a flying start to OCtober :001_smile, and I hope that everyone has great shaves.

Last edited:
'09 ABC
Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp
Head shave only

I decided to kick it off with my oldest Gillette, not my oldest OC though. This is the early round toothed ABC made head. Very mild razor, easily the mildest of my OLD Types. 3 passes and some cleanup got me to a nice CCS.
P1060673(r1rs).jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I've been holding off joining in this year, but I decided I'm in once again. I will finish the week off with my Fatip Piccolo. Then I will use my Fatip 1980's Classic and my Joris.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Started the month with the ‘King of Shavers’ — RFB (Polsilver 3) and Vintage Old Spice.

Attachments

• CB8261E1-56AA-44E7-A6AB-86BDE3187856.jpeg
    CB8261E1-56AA-44E7-A6AB-86BDE3187856.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Satinex 2000 PP (6)
Brush: EJ Badger medium super
Cream: Proraso Blue
Aftershave: Proraso Splash (Green)
rsz_017.jpg