What's new

OCtober 2017

OCtober 18/shave 9

Thin cap OLD type
Bolzano (5, I believe)
Chinese badger brush
RR blue barber triple milled soap.

Turns out I was apprehensive for nothing. Paid extra attention, and had a glorious shave.
One little weeper due to a bump under my jaw that any razor could have nicked, zero alum burn, and wonderfully smooth cheeks, jaw, and neck. I'm confident I can repeat this for the next two shaves, and a little bit sorry I'm going to change up again on Sunday due to work travel and a requirement for daily shaves. I won't push it that far...
View attachment 830298

Canadian? It looks beautiful!

Hi,

Day 19, shave 19: 34 Aristocrat.

Yeah, changed the order. Put all the Gillettes in order. :)

Forgot to post this earlier when I actually shaved.....

Stan

Used by Gillette New LC with a Rapira Platinum Lux (2), Tabac (Bowl Soap) using my 30mm homemade brush, and topped it with Tabac AS Lotion.

Wow, great shave, face felt great afterwards. - Meant to snap a picture of the setup and just forgot, oh well, maybe tomorrow.

OCtober 19

Today's tool of choice is a Gillette SC bar handle New loaded with a Astra green blade.
20171019_075914.jpg

OCtober 19th

PAA Bakelite Slant Oxblood with Merkur
Taconic Eucalyptus and Mint
Crown King Troubadour
North Woods AS
Stirling Unscented Mentholated Post Shave Balm

Mmmm, a blissfully cool, comfortably close shave this morning.

The Merkur blade surprised me.

I have not had great experiences with the Merkur blades, but today's shave was one of the better ones. It cut well, but for me it has a rougher feel than some of the other blades I use. It didn't result in irritation, per se, but I have gotten close shaves that felt better during the shave. It is always good to find new things that work.

Top Bottom