OCtober 2017

IMG_5999.JPG

Today's shave, both head and throat:
Segal
Modified Wilkinson - 1
1930s vintage Williams
Rubberset 400
Pinaud Classic Vanilla

Back to a very nice shave. The Segal is a great razor. The Williams was slick and cushiony.

OCtober 18th

PAA Bakelite Slant Oxblood with Shark
WSP Formula T Sandalwood
Crown King Troubadour
BaBrew Bay Rum AS
Stirling Unscented Mentholated Post Shave Balm

Felt like I was getting a rough shave which has been my normal experience with this razor. I get a lot of blade chatter and it would prefer to hop around my face than glide, but when all was said and done, surprisingly I have an irritation free, fairly smooth face. I am not a fan of the Sharks and have one shave with the PAA that was pretty good, I think it was with a Gillette Yellow.

I am enjoying the Sandalwood experience, though the Formula T didn't perform as well as the Rustic out of the gates. Still performed well, just a little more finicky getting it where I wanted it. The Stirling balm is a sample, but a little goes a long way and the menthol was a nice, cool hit after the shave. I'm going to use it with one of my cooling soaps tomorrow to see how that goes.

View attachment 830055
Gillette NEW short comb w/ Personna Lab Blue (4)
Palmolive shave stick/Wilkinson shaving soap (in the Blue Bowl)
Omega S-brush
Jodian Medicated Skin Conditioner

Last OCtober I struggled with the NEW SC, which I found to be aggressive and my technique lacking as I tended to nick myself. But this morning's shave was fine. Better than fine. One and a half passes for CCS.
Very nice looking NEW SC. Glad to hear that it gave you a better shave this year.

Fatip Piccolo again with Personna blade (3 I think),
Arko soap,
Wilkinson Sword brush

Found myself ignoring my shave creams this week and going with the cheap and cheerful soap sticks

It's glass.
Awesome! I just ordered a bottle. I've never tried modern AV Ice Blue - I think I thought it smelled too strong straight out of its plastic bottle. But this bottle just looks completely vintage, from its curves to its cap, and the liquid doesn't look as concentrated. Can't wait!

Grabbed my Schone with the same GSB (7 I think, might be 8), 30mm Synthetic, with Stirling Tuscany (good thick/slick soap for the OC), finished with my home-brew Old-Spice aftershave.

13th OCtober Shave

Razor:
Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant :001_wub:
Blade: Silver Star (5)
Brush: Yaqi 24/46 Mono
Soap: Proraso Red tub
ASL: Proraso Red [Sandalwood]

upload_2017-10-18_22-23-51.png

A very nice same old, same old, (barring the new brush) shave again. :biggrin1:

OCtober shave #9

Call it too close for comfort ;-)

IMG_20171018_143215_363.jpg

Gillette Old Type Single Ring (1919?)
Wilkinson Sword Classic (1)
Stirling 26mm Finest
RR Millionario Soap and AS

And a few choice words when applying that AS ;-)

OCtober 17
No shave unfortunately!

OCtober 18

My tool of choice is a Ever-Ready. Not sure what model it is at the moment. Hard to keep track some days.
20171018_164531.jpg
20171018_164514.jpg

I'm out for a few days boys- had some skin cancer removed from my face and I won't be able to shave while the stitches heal up.

I'll enjoy watching all of the fun though! Great razors and shaves gentlemen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom