What's new

OCtober 2017

Well, SEptember is off and running and it is time to think about OCtober. This will be the 5th year for the OCtober thread.

It is time to take stock of your OC razor inventory and, if you want to upgrade/add/start your collection in time for OCtober 2017, you have 1 month to so do.

If you want to participate in this year's OCtober thread, please so state in a post in this thread. As with prior years, I will be compiling the stats and posting them periodically in this thread. A link to last year's thread is below.

I look forward to seeing the amazing razors that are used in this year's OCtober event.

OCtober 2016

Count me in! I almost have enough OC razors to use a different razor each day of the month.

There is time to get a few more and do the different razor every day thing. Don't forget that SE razors like the MMOC and the 1912 work as OC razors for this thread.

There is time to get a few more and do the different razor every day thing. Don't forget that SE razors like the MMOC and the 1912 work as OC razors for this thread.
I've often wondered that about the 1912, since it's solid across the bottom, but I've never pursued actually looking it up to see what others thought. I guess it makes sense, since it's open where it actually contacts the skin. Cool!

Edit: Oh yeah, count me in!

Lately I've only been shaving with open comb razors so I'm not in this time around. Most of the time it's an Old Type. I love them. So does my face.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I've been looking forward to this all year! I'm in again. Last year I used my Fatip Grande for the whole month. This year I think I'll mix it up with my Gillette Old Type, New Type SC or LC, Piccolo, and Joris. Thanks for hosting once again Shutterbug57!

Well, SEptember is off and running and it is time to think about OCtober. This will be the 5th year for the OCtober thread.

It is time to take stock of your OC razor inventory and, if you want to upgrade/add/start your collection in time for OCtober 2017, you have 1 month to so do.

If you want to participate in this year's OCtober thread, please so state in a post in this thread. As with prior years, I will be compiling the stats and posting them periodically in this thread. A link to last year's thread is below.

I look forward to seeing the amazing razors that are used in this year's OCtober event.

OCtober 2016
Good Afternoon Shutterbug57, it is good to see you will be administrating this this years event as well. As always, I plan on participating in the festivities. I hope most of the old timers will also. I'm looking foreword to it. Have a great day sir!

Not in or in? Looks like what you are using is right up the alley for this thread.

Not in. But thanks for seeking clarification. I'm shaving with open combs every shave and rarely use a straight bar razor. So I figure no need to do it again this year. Last year was fun because I was still trying to figure things out. Now I'm set with my various Old Types. Have fun.

I'm in. The open combs are my most used razors. I have several New and Old types, as well as the GEM MMTOC.

My razors:
* Fatip grande OC
* R41 A (2011)
* R41 B (2013)
* Micromatic OC
* GEM Damaskenee OC
* Cadet OC
* Phoenix Slant OC
* Razor OLD for blade GEM
* Seyguss OC

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
While selecting a razor for this morning's shave, I was looking at my Senator thinking "I've got plans for you, my friend." :)

I popped in to do a little research on open combs, as I'm looking for my first OC after 10 years of wetshaving. I'm in!

I think I'm going to pick up a Pearl short handle to start and will be looking for a vintage OC in the wild.

Top Bottom