What's new

OCTOBER 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
received a couple of packages today, the first one is from Stirling

proxy.php

The second package was from Captains Choice, I was the third place winner from one of his monthly PIF contests, Very impressive sampler package
proxy.php

Last edited:
received a couple of packages today, the first one is from Stirling

proxy.php

The second package was from Captains Choice, I was the third place winner from one of his monthly PIF contests, Very impressive sampler package
proxy.php
Both excellent scores, Chris. If you're not a Captain's Choice convert you may be after those samples!

I received a fantastic goodie box from my friends at Italian Barber. The Mamba & Aluminum 400 brush look fine and built to last. The quality looks second to none and Joe appears to have hit a homerun for the benefit of the wet shaving community. I can't wait to try these bay boys out.
Steve

IMG_7411.jpg

IMG_7413.jpg

IMG_7423.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I don't get to buy much stuff these days, but did pick this up at Sally's yesterday for less than $4 CDN. Now I just need to my hair beyond 3/8" :tongue_sm
full

Congrats. The SOC is a fine looking brush. I've been meaning to add one for the longest time. Boars are great brushes. My Semogue 830 is one of the finest brushes I own. It is sheer pleasure to use.
Thanks Ron. I was surprised that it wasn't too rough being that it isn't broken in. I placed the tips in some really hot water until it cooled, then a little later, lathered some cream, and a couple of hours later I used it. I'm sure it will soften some more, but it was perfectly usable already.

Won a GEM 1932-33 OCMM on ebay and just received it today. Excellent condition. It looked basically unused and the case is a nice green bakelite. I will need to break it in tomorrow! I never use an OCMM. The only GEM I used previously is my 1912 Ever Ready. I really like the 1912 so I am hoping the OCMM will provide an equally enjoyable shave.
Steve
IMG_7465.jpg

IMG_7466.jpg

IMG_7468.jpg

Won a GEM 1932-33 OCMM on ebay and just received it today. Excellent condition. It looked basically unused and the case is a nice green bakelite. I will need to break it in tomorrow! I never use an OCMM. The only GEM I used previously is my 1912 Ever Ready. I really like the 1912 so I am hoping the OCMM will provide an equally enjoyable shave.
Steve
View attachment 830830
View attachment 830831
View attachment 830832
Great looking razor, Steve. I have an OC Micromatic but haven't used it. I have used the Micromatic Clog Pruf, which is a pretty decent vintage SE. I believe the OCMM is more aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom