What's new

OCTOBER 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.

October has arrived and Autumn is finally here, but the Scores do not care.

They are always out there awaiting discovery.

Yes, time does seem to fly but no matter the month, the season, or the weather, there is always something to be found. And you can mark it as yours.

When you find it, let us know.

We all want to see and think ... I need one of THOSE....

God bless drunken shopping on Ebay!

Found this beautiful Aristocrat #66 with an aluminium handle (37 grams, I checked) for the quite reasonable buy of £ 40 (50ish $). No case for it, so I'm not sure if it is the coronation-version or not, but it looks fantastic.

This will be used on sunday!

Aristocrat .jpg Aristocrat 1.jpg Aristocrat 2.jpg Aristocrat 3.jpg

God bless drunken shopping on Ebay!

Found this beautiful Aristocrat #66 with an aluminium handle (37 grams, I checked) for the quite reasonable buy of £ 40 (50ish $). No case for it, so I'm not sure if it is the coronation-version or not, but it looks fantastic.

This will be used on sunday!

View attachment 825738 View attachment 825739 View attachment 825740 View attachment 825741
Nice score! You'll have to let us know how it shaves. I actually quite like a lightweight razor.

Got two dissimilar items in the mail today, both very unusual.

Personna DE razor made in England. Appears to be their interpretation of a Tech Clone. I didn't even know they made a DE.
@imatabor sent me a key of two Schick Twin injector blades. I guess he got tired of asking me when I was going to get some. Don't worry John, I won't try to fit them in the Personna. Wait a minute.....

DSC01839.JPG

Personna DE razor made in England. Appears to be their interpretation of a Tech Clone. I didn't even know they made a DE.
@imatabor sent me a key of two Schick Twin injector blades. I guess he got tired of asking me when I was going to get some. Don't worry John, I won't try to fit them in the Personna. Wait a minute.....

View attachment 825807
It's a nice razor, commonly available in the US as the Star or Silver Star. Head resembles the pre-war Tech.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's a nice razor, commonly available in the US as the Star or Silver Star. Head resembles the pre-war Tech.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
It is different from the Star as I have one. This has a totally different head more similar to the Merkur 37. I will do a shave report later.

View attachment 825807

Fine additions indeed.

Yesterday I received a Rockwell 6S Razor and Rockwell Barbershop Balm. The razor looks great and the packaging really exceeds exceptions. It is really a great presentation. The scent of the balm is wonderful. I can't wait to try these goodies, but I may wait until November since I am using October to work out my OC favorites.
Steve

IMG_7215.jpg

IMG_7216.jpg

IMG_7218.jpg

Scored this off the bay and probably overpaid. Got caught up in the nostalgia of it all. Stamped US Army. Cool set missing the blade holder.

Attachments

• KIMG0075.JPG
    KIMG0075.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 34
  • KIMG0074.JPG
    KIMG0074.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
Will do. I have been looking for one for quite some time. What most folks don't know is these were actually contracted by Gillette for the US Army during WWi. To make gas masks fit better. There were a number of copies during the warranty Gillette sold to the public to support the warranty effort. The civilian model has no property of the US Army stamping on it anywhere. History lesson over.

Yesterday I received a Rockwell 6S Razor and Rockwell Barbershop Balm. The razor looks great and the packaging really exceeds exceptions. It is really a great presentation. The scent of the balm is wonderful. I can't wait to try these goodies, but I may wait until November since I am using October to work out my OC favorites.
Steve

View attachment 826183
View attachment 826184
View attachment 826185
Congrats, Steve. The Rockwell 6S is an excellent razor IMO. Before I got the Timeless and Blackbird OC the 6S was my favorite razor. It's still in my top 4 or 5.

Congrats, Steve. The Rockwell 6S is an excellent razor IMO. Before I got the Timeless and Blackbird OC the 6S was my favorite razor. It's still in my top 4 or 5.

Thank you Ron. Everything looks well done and designed with the 6S. Based on so many folks clamoring how good it is, I could not resist the 10% discount, free shipping, and free balm. I honestly need another razor like a hole in the head, but I like playing with and collecting hardware. IMO, the best relatively recent addition to the collection has to be the Ti Baby Smooth. I'm with you on the others. I'm still waiting for the new Mamba and am intrigued with the copper Windsor. I will need to pace myself!

Awesome mail day, spooky Halloween soaps that smell amazing might be a little while before trying them since I'm working my way through Razo-Rocktober/Tabactober, will more than likely be Halloween Eve and Halloween shaves.
proxy.php

Received some more good stuff in the mail today. I wanted to pick up a couple of scratch & dent scuttles for me and my son and filled to cart with some new product to get free shipping:
Crown King Captain Smythe's Reserve Oak Barrel Aged Bay Rum & Leather Aftershave/Cologne
Crown King Porthos Aftershave
Phoenix Shaving CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
Crown King Black Porcelain Scuttle (My son picked the white one)

IMG_7234.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7238.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom