What's new

Octabacer

I'm in. My Tabac soap just arrived, I'll save it for next week.

Question: Is it OK to include a Superlather with another flavor of cream, but with Tabac as the base during the month?

Since it's not selling, I just might break in the Golden Nib'ed Ever Ready for the month...

Justfor the curious folks out there Octoberfest actually starts in September. This years Octoberfest started September 19th and runs through October 4th.

More information about Octoberfest can be found here

What have Tabac users' experiences been with the Tabac aftershave? Has anyone tried the aftershave balm?
It's my token fragrance. The one which SWMBO associates with 'me' as I wore it when we first met. I may be a little biased :).

It's a good aftershave with a long-lasting and rather unique fragrance. The soap smells 'smokier', soapier and less sweet than the splash, although you'd still without doubt put them together in the same family of scents. On my skin it lasts for 7 to 8 hours easily, and after my morning workout the next day I can still easily detect traces evaporating off of me.

The balm is good too, but contains some alcohol (22%) which acts as the natural preservative, so no parabens, benzyl benzoate, and more. I use it for days when I flayed myself too much (rare) but still want to smell nice. The alcohol bites, but the soothing compounds make up for it. It seems to be able to hold on to its fragrance more easily, which by the way resembles the splash very closely. The balm is on the fat side of things so it might not be for everyone.

I think I should start warming up the puck and shelve PdP for the time being. That way I'm assured of good shaves from October 1 onwards.

Bad news guys!:bored:
I'm off tomorrow till the end of the week...have to.
The really bad news is I haven't got any TABAC shavestick (yet:tongue_sm!), so I won't take the whole ceramic line on tour and will stick to my palmolive stick (obvious pun primarily NOT intended here:blushing:...)

I just won't be able to shave with TACy goodness until next Sunday!!
Just you wait till I return and it'll be a real TABACxtravaganza!!!
I promise.

So, please keep me in for the rest of the month...
oh, and as a penitence I'll order a TABAC shavestick as soon as I'm back...:wink:

C_J

The day is here!! Alas, it's late at night, and I'm not in bed yet, and not about to shave after work.. lol.. So I'm sure there will be many that will beat me to it in the morning.

However, good news, my new (replacement) EJ BBB just came in, and I've saved it to be broken in starting oct 1.. Will be nice to get back into a good brush, and a great soap!

Well, I'm not in (I can't use one soap for a whole month again), but I did start the month with Tabac!

Very nice! If you don't want to use it, you could always send it my way! I'll make sure it gets plenty of use, especially before my shaving fasting all through the month of Novembeard. ^__^

I was having trouble choosing which soap/cream to start my shaving experience with and it looks like Octabacer/Tabactober/tabac...whatever made the choice easy. Had my first shave with Tabac tonight and thoroughly enjoyed every minute!

~Ben H.

Ok, so my first Tacactober shave last night, face lathered with a damp Rooney 1/3 and sliced the hairs off with a Merkur 58C/ Feather.
One of my best shaves, and certainly my best with Tabac, which I'd previously only got very good but not excellent shaves with.
First pass had lather that rivalled English Fern but second pass had thinned down a bit. I'll have to work on that for the rest of the month...

Very nice! If you don't want to use it, you could always send it my way! I'll make sure it gets plenty of use, especially before my shaving fasting all through the month of Novembeard. ^__^

Oh, I already use it, as I love the whole Tabaculicious ensemble and consider it one of those special occasions when I do. Just not every day for a month (We did that back in June)! :biggrin:

Top Bottom