What's new

Octabacer

I still have all my supplies from last year's November Tabac-a-thon ... I liked it so much that it was the backbone of my rotation clear through until Springtime.

I was planning to switch back to Tabac and all the Tabac-cessories around Thanksgiving. This gives me a perfectly good excuse to jump the gun by about 7 weeks.

I have everything I need, including the Tabac Luxury Bath Soap ... but I am STILL looking for Tabac ASB. Anybody know a source that won't kill me on international shipping?

This month, I had been planning a Spieck-tember, but never got around to ordering supplies ... I'll just put it off again until next year, and maybe do Spieck in the Springtime.

My Musgo Marathon this past March didn't fly too well. I kept putting it aside to use other stuff, but I did discover in July that Musgo + MWF make a really great SuperLather. A double dose of Lanolin, and TALLOW to boot!

So, who is with me?

You damn enabler! I was advised to wait until I finish at least one of the soaps I bought before buying another one.

Which I feel is a good idea. So while I am going against every AD fiber in my being - I must resist my urges. Although... the warm fall breeze against my TABACed cheek...gaaaah!

I regret to announce I'll be unable to participate. Here's why: Autumn is my favorite season and the month of Ocotober represents the heart of Autumn for me. I tend to correlate scents with seasons. There are many soaps available which reference the Autumn season. In case anyone doesn't know, there is no "Autumn" season (in the traditional sense: no rain, no changing leaves, no crisp Fall air, no etc.) where I live, in AZ. To sum up, I basically plan to "pretend" that I'm experiencing a real Autumn through the scents of shaving soaps. Wow, is that psycho?

I regret to announce I'll be unable to participate. Here's why: Autumn is my favorite season and the month of October represents the heart of Autumn for me. I tend to correlate scents with seasons. There are many soaps available which reference the Autumn season. In case anyone doesn't know, there is no "Autumn" season (in the traditional sense: no rain, no changing leaves, no crisp Fall air, no etc.) where I live, in AZ. To sum up, I basically plan to "pretend" that I'm experiencing a real Autumn through the scents of shaving soaps. Wow, is that psycho?

Sorry to go off topic, but you have peaked my curiosity. Which soaps are your autumnal favorites?

Now, back to Tabactoberfestivus (a tabactoberfestivus for the rest of us).

Sorry to go off topic, but you have peaked my curiosity. Which soaps are your autumnal favorites?

Now, back to Tabactoberfestivus (a tabactoberfestivus for the rest of us).

A small taste:
Mama Bear - Autumn Afternoon
TGQ - Autumn Spice
Susie's Bubbles - Autumn Wreath

...these are just a few (and all of them even include "Autumn" in their description). There are many other scents that remind me of Autumn... Dragon's blood for example. Anything woodsy/earthy/smokey would work for me. Anyhoo, it's essentially up to you to select scents that inspire an Autumnal experience or memory.

I have everything I need, including the Tabac Luxury Bath Soap ... but I am STILL looking for Tabac ASB. Anybody know a source that won't kill me on international shipping?
Use the Coupon code "FREE" for free international shipping.
Wow, is that psycho?

I can testify that i didn't read anything, carry on my wayward son.

I had a tabacattack, had to have one last dose before goin cold-tabacy. any how i've been smelling smoldering incense ALL day. I love it, but i never picked that up the first few times i used tabac....does any one else get this or am i slated to be locked in a padded room right beside Mr. F. Burns?

You damn enabler! I was advised to wait until I finish at least one of the soaps I bought before buying another one.
Then don't. It's as simple as that. Instead, organise your own Body Shop Run, Trumpolympics, Musgathon, Tour de Provence, Giro Cella or Valobra, or whatever. The important bit is to stick with it, and get to know a soap or cream really well for a change.

It's called Octabacer, Tabactober and more with a reason. You're a smart guy, you ought to be able to figure it out :).

Use the Coupon code "FREE" for free international shipping.

I should clarify. I'm in CONUS, and I can't find any domestic vendor that carries the Tabac ASB. So by international shipping, I meant an overseas source that won't gouge me too hard to ship to the USA.

I should clarify. I'm in CONUS, and I can't find any domestic vendor that carries the Tabac ASB. So by international shipping, I meant an overseas source that won't gouge me too hard to ship to the USA.

my appologies, i thought they carried the balm, it appears its only the lotion.

For last year's Tabac-a-thon, I upgraded to a C&E BBB, and my current brush is the B&B Essential, although I don't use it very often, as I've been into face-lathering by hand lately.

I'm thinking that for this year's OcTABACer, I ought to seek out a better brush ... but I'm not that into brushes, and I don't want to develop a case of SBAD. Should I even consider a high-end boar?

So what do you guys recommend as the quintessential brush for SuperLathing with TABAC soap + cream? Reasonably priced ... up to $100.
Thanks!

For last year's Tabac-a-thon, I upgraded to a C&E BBB, and my current brush is the B&B Essential, although I don't use it very often, as I've been into face-lathering by hand lately.

I'm thinking that for this year's OcTABACer, I ought to seek out a better brush ... but I'm not that into brushes, and I don't want to develop a case of SBAD. Should I even consider a high-end boar?

So what do you guys recommend as the quintessential brush for SuperLathing with TABAC soap + cream? Reasonably priced ... up to $100.
Thanks!
sounds like you own it imo. BBB works well with soaps and creams, very versatile.

Thanks!

I have both of those brushes and they both do a good job with Tabac, but I use This Omega most for face lathering Tabac and other harder soaps. It works for me, but IMHO Tabac is easy to lather with just about any brush. YMMV

FWIW I bought it at Perfectbeauty.com for like 25 bucks shipped with a stand. There was a coupon code of "TWITTER", but it's been a few months so it might be expired.

Top Bottom