What's new

Occam's razor.

The price for the Occam's Razor dropped to $60 USD. I bit.

The first shave with Occam's Razor is on the books. This is a different experience from any other razor. The surface of the razor covers more skin than any other I have tried to date, and it hugs the face, almost feels like a mild suction as I swipe my whiskers. It wasn't like the tug of a bad blade, rather it seemed warp to the contours while not feeling aggressive. It felt mild and comfortable. This must be the flating blade in action. The blade I used was Feather Professional Super.

The handle posed no problems for me, and I found it quite intuitive. How about that for Your Mileage May Vary? Some people hate the handle. The proper angle on this razor is quite easy to maintain during the shave, and the best of any single edge I have used so far.

While under the nose passes with and across the grain are somewhat problematic, against the grain got the job done, and since I am all about against the grain, it's all good!

I am not sure if I got BBS, but it's pretty close. I used the plate that came installed, the 2 plate. I am not sure if I want to use the 3 plate, but I will tomorrow, because curiosity compels me, even when I have a perfect thing! Yeah... it's just like me to get Occam's Razor, and not keep it simple!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Really hate that this turned out to be as nice as it has. Some great razors may soon get sold.

Learning of the price drop from this thread, I bought in for $60...

First impressions...MEH... The 2 dot plate with a Proline wasn't as efficient as my SE1, took more work to BBS my face but didn't quite BBS my neck. I switched to the 3 dot plate for my next shave and cleaned up with it. The 3 dot plate with the Proline seems to be more my speed. The shave with the 2 dot plate reminded me of the Classic Cobra, which wasn't efficient enough for me either.

The shape of the handle was awkward on some directions but wasn't a problem getting used to.

I like the simplicity of the razor.

I only use Schick Prolines and only been using the ATT SE1 this year, using the El Jefe twice.

In addition to my trusty ATT SE1, El Jefe, and BlackHawk V1 -- I have 3 Supply's (one hand-ground modded to a "4 1/2 Dot equivalent") -- so I don't think I'll do the Ock. But, I'll probably just use one of my green or blue G-Types -- more often...

While I was able to get my desired results with some effort on the 2 dot, the results are not lasting as long. For long lasting BBS results, the 2 dot plate falls behind the EL Jefe with the ATT SE1 lasting the longest.

Used the 3 dot and I like the 2 dot better. The blade seemed to move too much, wasn't very efficient above my lip and on my chin.

I'll use the 1 dot plate just for fun.

The 2 dot with a Schick Proline is a nice combo but no match for the ATT SE1.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have an unknown package that should arrive today that just might be the V2. Can't figure out what else it might be.

First head shave this year, I used the level 2 plate with a Proline with one face shave on it. I cut my hair as close as I could with clippers first.

It wasn't as efficient as I'm use to, and couldn't get the dome smooth on the cleanup. Picked up the Micromatic Clog Pruf, with a blade of unknown shaves on it, to smooth things out.

The level 2 plate is smooth and capable but no match for the ATT SE1. Level 3 seemed to have the blade feel of the SE1 but the floating blade didn't perform well on my more coarse areas ATG.

These aren't the droids you are looking for.
star-trek-picard-facepalm-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1381.gif

Anyone get the version 2 yet?

After receiving the survey, I thought we would be getting the V2 razors within 7-10 days. Nothing yet. Perhaps he has decided to wait until the version 1 razors are sold prior to distributing the V2 razors to his backers.

eric

Top Bottom