What's new

Occam’s Razor SS DE version from Classic Shaving...

How close the razorock is to the EJ89

It has a bit more blade feel, and is more efficient, too. Sort of like a DE89+.
I think I found the Pearl Blaze (chrome plated brass to a sort of satin finish) to be more like an DE89, but more efficient and more comfortable ATG, which was somewhat unexpected, because it looks and feels quite mild.

I did find that giving the blade a kink before putting it into the razor head helped make the MJ-90A a bit smoother and more pleasant ATG, though.

I’m not going to lie here, gents. It’s been well over a year since I last shaved with this piece of kit and truthfully I had completely forgotten all about it. Somehow it was pushed back on my DE razor shelf and it was lost to temporary oblivion until early this afternoon. It was more like “Well look a here” and I knew I was going to put in a shave with it. Installed a one time used Black Ninja (Gillette 7 O’Clock SP) onto the hybrid open comb plate (Eclipse look-alike) and it was an exceptionally good shave. Wasnj’t incident free as I got a little to nonchalant with it and gave meself about half a dozen weepers on both sides of Sir Adam and two more around the corners of the stache. Not the razors fault at all and mia culpa solely on the operator. Efficient and yet still quite smooth just as how I remembered. Once the cold water splash, alum pass and another cold water splash was complete, no red dots to speak of. The after shave splash from Ethos gave a slight tingling around the Adam’s Apple area but, quickly calmed and soothed the skin and everywhere else was golden. Face was BBS smooth, hydrated and felt very refreshed.

The Occam’s DE was a heck of a value as a complete kit. A real travesty that it hasn’t been made available in well over two years. I think Classic Shaving is missing out on a nice opportunity here in providing a very good all around shaving kit that would please a majority of wet shavers that are looking for some versatility & value in a well made DE razor.

Great shaves to all…

1713F91E-5A04-4D4D-A14C-D3E19A9016A5.jpeg

I’m not going to lie here, gents. It’s been well over a year since I last shaved with this piece of kit and truthfully I had completely forgotten all about it. Somehow it was pushed back on my DE razor shelf and it was lost to temporary oblivion until early this afternoon. It was more like “Well look a here” and I knew I was going to put in a shave with it. Installed a one time used Black Ninja (Gillette 7 O’Clock SP) onto the hybrid open comb plate (Eclipse look-alike) and it was an exceptionally good shave. Wasnj’t incident free as I got a little to nonchalant with it and gave meself about half a dozen weepers on both sides of Sir Adam and two more around the corners of the stache. Not the razors fault at all and mia culpa solely on the operator. Efficient and yet still quite smooth just as how I remembered. Once the cold water splash, alum pass and another cold water splash was complete, no red dots to speak of. The after shave splash from Ethos gave a slight tingling around the Adam’s Apple area but, quickly calmed and soothed the skin and everywhere else was golden. Face was BBS smooth, hydrated and felt very refreshed.

The Occam’s DE was a heck of a value as a complete kit. A real travesty that it hasn’t been made available in well over two years. I think Classic Shaving is missing out on a nice opportunity here in providing a very good all around shaving kit that would please a majority of wet shavers that are looking for some versatility & value in a well made DE razor.

Great shaves to all…

View attachment 1680732

It's a real shame it's no longer available. I acquired the 2 caps and the full and partial OC plates after the DE had been DC'ed, but I'd still love to get my hands on the SB plate and maybe the handle as well.

Great shaves to all…

View attachment 1680732
usually used at least every other month. I prefer the OC plates to the SB, but it was a great value indeed.

Really a nice shave with the Occam’s DE razor. The hybrid OC/SB plate with the largest holes really gives an excellent accounting of smoothness & efficient operation. A true shame that this razor was stopped from being produced. I would have enjoyed seeing this creation evolve with its plate options and whatever else Luke Webster & Classic Shaving could have brought into this DE and perhaps have elevated it to more known status and use in the wet shave universe.

I’ll enjoy the heck out of it as it does give excellent results with a nice unique look to it. The handle knurling is one of the best I’ve ever experienced with its barber pole type finish.

Great shaves to all….

F654F45E-0832-438E-897B-02D49F712866.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Really a nice shave with the Occam’s DE razor. The hybrid OC/SB plate with the largest holes really gives an excellent accounting of smoothness & efficient operation. A true shame that this razor was stopped from being produced. I would have enjoyed seeing this creation evolve with its plate options and whatever else Luke Webster & Classic Shaving could have brought into this DE and perhaps have elevated it to more known status and use in the wet shave universe.

I’ll enjoy the heck out of it as it does give excellent results with a nice unique look to it. The handle knurling is one of the best I’ve ever experienced with its barber pole type finish.

Great shaves to all….

View attachment 1775923
That really is a beautiful handle. Incredible.

Top Bottom