What's new

Occam's Razor ENOCH or HIRAM

Has anybody tried either of these? I never had any interest in the original Occam's SE, but the design of these two are more my style, and I like the idea of being able to use different blades in a single edge, so I was gonna maybe give one of them a shot. Is the build quality good? I see they use MIM, but they say their tolerances are "excellent". How do they shave? Any info would be appreciated.

Neither are available just yet. There was a shipping delay with the parts from China which, by the last communication, was supposed to have arrived over the weekend. I tried both earlier Occam's Razors (the original and the OREN) and was not impressed because the Feather AC blade was allowed to flex, which made for a comfortable shave, but not a close one. The HIRAM follows that design and so even though it looks really nice, I don't expect a better shave from it. The Enoch follows the design of the no longer produced Asylum RX razor, which clamps the blade very well and so I am expecting better shaves with that one, however not having one in hand yet, I can't say for sure. If you want an entry into the Feather AC razors, probably start with the RR Hawk. If you are interested specifically in those two, wait for the reviews on the Enoch and cross the HIRAM off your list.

Neither are available just yet. There was a shipping delay with the parts from China which, by the last communication, was supposed to have arrived over the weekend. I tried both earlier Occam's Razors (the original and the OREN) and was not impressed because the Feather AC blade was allowed to flex, which made for a comfortable shave, but not a close one. The HIRAM follows that design and so even though it looks really nice, I don't expect a better shave from it. The Enoch follows the design of the no longer produced Asylum RX razor, which clamps the blade very well and so I am expecting better shaves with that one, however not having one in hand yet, I can't say for sure. If you want an entry into the Feather AC razors, probably start with the RR Hawk. If you are interested specifically in those two, wait for the reviews on the Enoch and cross the HIRAM off your list.

Thanks a lot, this is really helpful!

Yes, since the time I posted, the parts from China did arrive and they are starting to ship. There was a comment that the intro price of $99 was going to go up to the retail price by the end of the week.

My Enoch should be here tomorrow!
Please, let me know what you think of it after you've used it. I've never tried a Feather Artist Club razor before; very interested to know how they are and what the different blades are like.

No love today. It went to my old address and was forwarded to my new one. I forgot to change the shipping address since I ordered it quite some time ago...

Got my Enoch today. Had the original Occam, which Hiram head appears to be modeled after. I liked the original as it was extremely comfortable. As stated, not always closest shave though.

Enoch is more my speed and first shave was very good. Blade sits firm and tolerances appear good.

Well, I couldn't resist and I pulled the trigger on the Enoch; you know, RAD and all. I ordered some of the Professional blades with it, so I'll see how I like those.

The Enoch looks nice for sure. I. Bought a second hand Asylum RX and will receive it next week. I wonder if it's similar to the Enoch. Anyway, I'm not going to buy anything SE related until I get the RX in my hands. Also own SE ATT aluminum and the original Mongoose. Looking forward to comparing.

Just ordered the Enoch. Classic Shaving has everything 20% off so it was $92 shipped. I recently bought some AC blades to go with a shavette that I have not had much luck with yet. I decided to just pivot to an SE that uses the same blades!

Got my Hiram a few days ago and tried it out today using a Feather Pro blade. I just have done something wrong because it did not shave at all. After multiple passes it had hardly removed any hair. I’ve watched a few videos and as far as I can tell I’m loading the blade correctly. Anyone else had this problem with this or the OREN?

Yes,
Tried the Hiram this AM and had to bring out the trusty Cobra. Not quite sure what next step will be. Feather Pro for me, as well.

Got my Hiram a few days ago and tried it out today using a Feather Pro blade. I just have done something wrong because it did not shave at all. After multiple passes it had hardly removed any hair. I’ve watched a few videos and as far as I can tell I’m loading the blade correctly. Anyone else had this problem with this or the OREN?
That's crazy!

OK, so I got my Enoch, but I have to admit: having never use a Feather AC style razor before, I'm not sure how you load it. Are you supposed to only unscrew the head partly and insert the blade a la injector? Anyone have some advice?

OK, so I got my Enoch, but I have to admit: having never use a Feather AC style razor before, I'm not sure how you load it. Are you supposed to only unscrew the head partly and insert the blade a la injector? Anyone have some advice?
Functions similar to a 3 piece DE razor. There’s a handle and the head that unscrews from it; the head splits into a top cap section and a baseplate section. You must disassemble to load the blade.

Functions similar to a 3 piece DE razor. There’s a handle and the head that unscrews from it; the head splits into a top cap section and a baseplate section. You must disassemble to load the blade.

Cool, thank you. Seems like there is a huge blade gap, the guard doesn't seem usable. I guess this functions like an injector where you tilt down from the top cap to get your angle?

Top Bottom