What's new

Occam's razor? ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

Fifteen minutes trying to load a blade and the best I can do, with or without the ridiculous tool, is to destroy the edge of the expensive blade by sliding it across the metal before it... no wait.. it DOESN'T snap in place! If you so much as LOOK at the blade, it falls OUT OF THE DAMN THING. God am I glad I didn't pay full price for such a worthless piece of junk. I can't believe they would even 'conceptualize' such a trash product and I'm ashamed for having fallen for the gimmick. I wouldn't give this razor as a gift to my worst enemy. My 4 year old is gonna have a new toy razor to play with because I can't even imagine it working properly as a paperweight. What a joke.
I just bought an Occam Nano, once I figured out getting the blade in, it is an amazing shave. Dont know why folks are struggling with it. I used to shave a straight razor but stropping and honing are just time killers in my life. Shaves fast and very close on the intermediate plate. Really happy with it.
It's always interesting to hear how others perceive the things we like. Sorry, you don't like it, but as we often say YMMV. I've been using the original Occam's and had no problem loading the blade. It stays in pace just fine in my example. I wrote a review on how good a razor it's turning out to be. I should say I've been shaving with AC holders and blades for a long time now, and as others have noted, I got tired of stropping and honing. Going between two homes, and with long stays at relatives, the whole straight razor kit became something I didn't want to worry about. The AC razors taken as a group are giving me near straight razor feel and results, without all the stuff and fuss. No, the shaves are not quite the same as regular straights, which are a shade better, but close enough for me, for now.

Since it was mentioned in the other thread for the Occam’s Razor I thought I would bring it up here that there is an issue with the Schick Prolines that there is a small tab being left on the blades. Many say that causes the Proline to not fit in the Occam’s. Some use tin snips or a file to remove the tab then they fit properly.

Top Bottom