What's new

Occam's DE

I have noticed the Occam's DE is mostly out of stock. I guess I missed the boat. Anyone know if they plan to make more?

I really like the Occam's SB. Been using it with a RR UFO handle. The Barberpoll just didn't look right to me. The more I use it, I noticed how much better it looked when the shinny handle was dulled by soap. So, I ordered a Rockwell 6s handle. I think the matte 6s handle should be a better match.

I'll be honest, I have a slate of good razors, Feather AS-D2, Merkur 34C, Rockwell 6C and 6S (Plate 4), a few RazorRock D1's, and the Occam's DE razor with the safety plate. If someone stuck a gun to me and said pick one, it would be the Occam's for sure. It just works.

I'll be honest, I have a slate of good razors, Feather AS-D2, Merkur 34C, Rockwell 6C and 6S (Plate 4), a few RazorRock D1's, and the Occam's DE razor with the safety plate. If someone stuck a gun to me and said pick one, it would be the Occam's for sure. It just works.

High praise!! Congratulations on a terrific rotation!! :a29:

This razor hasn’t seen any action in some time. And quite honestly, I had forgotten all about it until earlier this week when I pulled out the box kit from my shave den storage closet. I decided to put it in for this weeks shave rotation. This morning it was time for it and I used the most aggressive base plate that looks similar to an Eclipse Red Ring. Installed a fresh 7 O’Clock Gillette Platinum (Black Ninja) and proceeded to create some suds for the meeting of steel against skin. A really, really good 3 pass shave with the Occam’s DE as it felt smooth yet balanced with the right amount of blade feel to give good feedback on what it was doing on all 3 passes. I’m always pleasantly surprised when I go back to a razor that produces quality results that admittedly I have carelessly ignored. If I remember correctly I purchased the whole kit for under $55 greenbacks as I was sent a discount code from Classic Shaving for being an early backer of their Occam’s & O.R.E.N SE razors. And truthfully, it was a steal for this razor that is made entirely of stainless steel. Quality product and more importantly a quality shaver that is sadly no longer available. I don’t know if Luke Webster is no longer in the razor creation business and I don’t know if he is still a part of Classic Shaving which is a shame as the man thought out of the box and actually brought some interesting concepts to razor making that were actually quite successful in form & function.

Anyhow, if the Occam’s DE ever comes back for retail sale on their website I’d wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone working within a budget for a quality made razor in the de arena to consider picking up this kit. For the $$$, it’s a very well made razor kit with nice options to tailor ones needs in shaving.

Great shaves to all…:shaving:

E70627BC-30A5-48D9-8CEA-C6AD7D539D08.jpeg

I really liked the SB. Sorry I missed out on the kit for sure. I use a Rockwell handle on mine and the finish matches very well.

I missed out on the kit as well. As parts, I obtained both caps and both OC plates but I'm missing the handle and the SB plate. The handle is no big deal, but I'd really like to lay my hands on the SB plate. I'm keeping my eyes open on EBay & BST, but no joy so far.

Top Bottom