What's new

OC King of the Ring

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So round 2 starts today with the winners moving on to face off the other round 1 winners
I will post the new brackets a little later today.
A couple of changes for round 2
first off The Scent , I am going with Bay Rum and when I think of Bay Rum I think of My
Favorite Captain's Choice , for me no one does it Better .
Soap is slick and easy to lather (especially in The Captains Choice bowl) and gives a really nice post shave feel
Aftershave is Great too , long lasting and pleasant to my Wife so win, win .
I had a few bottles so I combined them into the large Glass bottle the was gifted to me from my friend Dave ,he Lives in Kentucky .
second thing there will a Honorable mention razor from the looser bracket making an appearance in this round .
The Canadian made Gillette LC needs another shot , she just is to good to be called a looser .
And number 3 I will be using all Badger brushes in this round , first round was all Synthetic

Round 2 first match will be posted a little later .
It was truly Amazing :a14: 🥰
PXL_20220113_133926796.PORTRAIT_2.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So round 2 starts today with the winners moving on to face off the other round 1 winners
I will post the new brackets a little later today.
A couple of changes for round 2
first off The Scent , I am going with Bay Rum and when I think of Bay Rum I think of My
Favorite Captain's Choice , for me no one does it Better .
Soap is slick and easy to lather (especially in The Captains Choice bowl) and gives a really nice post shave feel
Aftershave is Great too , long lasting and pleasant to my Wife so win, win .
I had a few bottles so I combined them into the large Glass bottle the was gifted to me from my friend Dave ,he Lives in Kentucky .
second thing there will a Honorable mention razor from the looser bracket making an appearance in this round .
The Canadian made Gillette LC needs another shot , she just is to good to be called a looser .
And number 3 I will be using all Badger brushes in this round , first round was all Synthetic

Round 2 first match will be posted a little later .
It was truly Amazing :a14: 🥰View attachment 1393111

The Canadian LC will be a part of round 3 not round 2

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Round 2

1 ) Timeless SS.95
VS. ---- -} Timeless SS .95
7 O'clock

2) Gillette Goodwill
vs. --- -} 1936 Aristocrat
1936 Aristocrat

3)Titanium Timeless .68
vs -- -}
Gillette Goodwill LC

4) Rosie -Gillette LC
vs. --- -}
Gillette Deluxe 17mm

5) Gillette Raised Flat Bottom
vs ------ -}
Gillette 1914 Bulldog

Last edited:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Looks like some lovely shaves, Steve!

So who won Round #2, Match #1?

Is that a stainless 0.95 or titanium? I see a T on the end--I always thought that was for titanium.
The T is for Timeless SS the Titanium Timeless has a Ti on the end.
The Timeless SS was the winner.

Round 2

1 ) Timeless SS.95
VS. ---- -} Timeless SS .95
7 O'clock

2) Gillette Goodwill
vs. --- -} 1936 Aristocrat
1936 Aristocrat

3)Titanium Timeless .68
vs -- -}
Gillette Goodwill LC

4) Rosie -Gillette LC
vs. --- -}
Gillette Deluxe 17mm

5) Gillette Raised Flat Bottom
vs ------ -}
Gillette 1914 Bulldog

I'm calling:
Timeless
Goodwill
Ti Timeless
Rosie the LC
Bulldog.

Those are some heavy hitters for round 2!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Round 2
Match 3
Titanium Timeless.68
VS
Gillette Goodwill LC (yeah she beat out the 77/88 RFB)
Outstanding !
Smooth efficient and comfortable
What a wonderful match , I didn't expect it to be so close of a match . The Goodwill LC was absolutely amazing and will be back in my regular rotation.
However... Titanium just makes my face Happy . So the Timeless gets the W. Mostly for the way it preformed on my neck. A little bit closer and smoother .
PXL_20220115_131005400.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Brush used 26mm 2 band badger from Maggard set in backyard Maple and Indonesian Rosewood
PXL_20220115_133246917.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Round 2
Match 3
Titanium Timeless.68
VS
Gillette Goodwill LC (yeah she beat out the 77/88 RFB)
Outstanding !
Smooth efficient and comfortable
What a wonderful match , I didn't expect it to be so close of a match . The Goodwill LC was absolutely amazing and will be back in my regular rotation.
However... Titanium just makes my face Happy . So the Timeless gets the W. Mostly for the way it preformed on my neck. A little bit closer and smoother .View attachment 1394092
Brush used 26mm 2 band badger from Maggard set in backyard Maple and Indonesian RosewoodView attachment 1394093
Drago (Titanium Timeless) beats Rocky (Underdog Goodwill)
1642264050991.gif

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
It's a fix 😂 I have never tried a Timeless and probably never will, but it is clearly a fantastic razor to defeat the mighty Goodwill 👍

For the next shaves winner hmm.
I've never used a Goodwill but I have a 1918 old type 102a thin cap.
I'll pick the old type for closeness of shave.
I actually think the 102 is the thin cap, I may have gotten that backwards.
Didn't find an edit button.

This is great fun. I get to see close ups of the Gillette models plus the beauty of the hand turned shaving brushes.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Rosie-Gillette LC
VS
Gillette Deluxe 17mm
Yeah this was not even close to being a fair fight
Rosie was Way better ☺️
I skipped Sunday's shave thinking I was going to give the Deluxe a little advantage but Rosie was just as close if not closer and much more comfortable.
PXL_20220117_150750050.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
PXL_20220117_150815377.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Great competition. Too bad there’s no Wolfman WR1 in this showdown. 😜😎 The parade of brushes is the real winner here!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Tuesdays Match
Gillette Raised Flat Bottom #44
VS
Gillette 1914 Bulldog

Well this match was really hard for me to pick a winner. I waited until this morning to feel my face and I thought I would be able to feel the difference in whisker growth....... well that's what I thought anyway 🤔🤔🤔
I'm going to give it to the Bulldog just because.
Both razors gave me an outstanding shave and made it next to impossible for me to pick. The Bulldog has a sentimental value for me so why not go with it. It is the birthyear of my father and the reason she gets the nod.
Smooth efficient and comfortable for both razors.
I also want to thank Scott from Captain's Choice for sending me a new label for my bottle 🥰
PXL_20220118_173740256~2.jpg

PXL_20220118_134506725.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Brush is a mix of leopard wood mahogany and something else it is the second Badger brush that I ever made
A 2 band badger from V.S .
PXL_20220118_141749201.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Bulldog, yeah! Plus a hearty endorsement for Captain's Choice Bay Rum. It is such a clean scent, projects integrity.

Go Graydog!!

Top Bottom