What's new

'Obscure' Motion Picture Favorites

The Room. The entire movie is worthy to this topic.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and guess that you really do mean "The Room" (2003, Directed by Tommy Wiseau, Produced by Tommy Wiseau, Written by Tommy Wiseau, Starring Tommy Wiseau) and not "Room" (2015, no Tommy Wiseau at all)?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Couldn't get through Putney. I'll try again some day. El topo is awesome.
Putney Swope falls apart after the brilliant opening premise plays out.

El Topo is actually two movies in one. The first half is the best movie ever made. The second half is the worst movie ever made.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and guess that you really do mean "The Room" (2003, Directed by Tommy Wiseau, Produced by Tommy Wiseau, Written by Tommy Wiseau, Starring Tommy Wiseau) and not "Room" (2015, no Tommy Wiseau at all)?
You are correct.

"Bolt" - a movie star dog is convinced that his superpowers are real, and not just special effects, even after he gets out into the real world.

proxy.php

Hardly any mention of it after its first run, and no merchandising.
I thought it was terrific.
And hilarious.

John, that is a cute movie and and fun premise, I agree.

Slightly less fun, but an awesome low budget indie film is Pi.

Diamond men with Robert Forster. Filmed in Central Pennsylvania and takes place there. Their words of wisdom, do not leave Chinese food in the car overnight...then there is the Altoona riding club.
If you are looking to really mess up a few brain cells watch Diamond Men then Sexy Beast and finally 44 Inch Chest.

For those who like low budget gross out, I watched Premutos. It's German and made for what appears to be around $46 and some change. It's hilarious, although there are some dull stretches in the middle. It's been compared favorably to Peter Jackson's Dead Alive, which is a bench mark in the gross out comedy horror genre. Some other famous in the genre are Re-Animator, and the Evil Dead movies.

May 1983 - Liquid Sky - first movie i took my small town N. Ontario girlfriend to on her first visit to the big/small S. Ontario city i lived in, first impressions...

The friend that had sent me a photocopy of a review for it months earlier, called me out of the blue that afternoon from Telluride where she was working, she'd call maybe once every few years depending where she was living/working. The movie was a one day showing at our local rep theatre, how'd she know...

My wife still talks about it... what a long strange trip it's been...
dave

Top Bottom