What's new

'Obscure' Motion Picture Favorites

Do you have a movie or movie scene that is an 'obscure' favorite?

Here is my favorite scene from Guarding Tess.

WARNING: Mild Profanity.

The Blue Iguana (1988)
proxy.php

Two overzealous psychopathic US tax collectors blackmail bounty hunter Vince Holloway into stopping an illegal transfer of 20 Mio. dollars from a Mexican tax paradise into the USA. So he arrives in Diablo, where life isn't worth a penny. It seems impossible to raid the heavily guarded bank. He has to assure himself of help of the barwoman Dakota and a little boy.
My favourite line is from the bartender (not Dakota) who says "I have so many friends that I never have to see the same ones twice".

It's not easy to find anymore.

I actively seek out obscure movies. Big fan of horror movies as well. I recently watched The Hit from 1984, an excellent pre-Tarantino Tarantino-esque movie. Also recently saw The Man From Earth, a good thinking persons movie. But favorite obscure movie? The hard part of that is some movies that I would consider a favorite (for instance The Third Man) one camp of friends considers a classic whilst another camp considers it obscure. I suppose if I had to pick one that routinely people say "what?" to it would be At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul, a very atmospheric gonzo horror movie from the early 60's in Brazil.

I actively seek out obscure movies. Big fan of horror movies as well. I recently watched The Hit from 1984, an excellent pre-Tarantino Tarantino-esque movie. Also recently saw The Man From Earth, a good thinking persons movie. But favorite obscure movie? The hard part of that is some movies that I would consider a favorite (for instance The Third Man) one camp of friends considers a classic whilst another camp considers it obscure. I suppose if I had to pick one that routinely people say "what?" to it would be At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul, a very atmospheric gonzo horror movie from the early 60's in Brazil.

The Third Man is a terrific film and I consider it 'obscure'. However, many deem it a 'classic'.

The Night of the Generals, a murder mystery that takes place in a war movie. Starring Omar Sharif, Peter O'Toole, and many other recognizable faces. You don't see it often these days.

One of my all time favourite scenes, hands down... Not entirely "obscure", though it's a cult classic, which kinda works.

Last edited:
Not an Easter movie to watch with the kids, but if you like Bad Santa you should check this one out.

Top Bottom