What's new

Obscure brands.

There were several makers using the Bengall name in England and Germany. I believe Cadmans was the maker that originally used, or popularized, the name.

I noticed it ringing when I did a HHT and the other razors I have didn't. Yeah, it did talk to me when I was shaving, kinda like the NSC does.
Prof

Buddy you've got to get a true singing blade. A good 13/16 hamburg ring sounds like a buzz saw when shaving next to my sideburns lol.

There were several makers using the Bengall name in England and Germany. I believe Cadmans was the maker that originally used, or popularized, the name.

Joshua223,

Thanks for the info, so far Bengalls are super shavers and can still be had affordably and in fairly large numbers.

Happy shaves guys,

Mawashi

Buddy you've got to get a true singing blade. A good 13/16 hamburg ring sounds like a buzz saw when shaving next to my sideburns lol.

Joshua223,

Thanks for the info, so far Bengalls are super shavers and can still be had affordably and in fairly large numbers.

Happy shaves guys,

Mawashi
Does your have anything stamped on the other side of the tang?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Does your have anything stamped on the other side of the tang?
Geneva Cutlery Corp
Geneva NY

The main reason I got the #35 was to compare edges with my first Geneva that I honed with the "Method", as I was struggling mightily with my stones. I have heard about "singing blades", but this one surprised me when it rang out, as it looks exactly like the other one.
prof
20190812_192723.jpg

DC937CEE-60E2-42AB-8F81-F6BE39BF2823.jpeg
I just purchased this Frauenzimmer at an Antique store in Maine. It is new but old stock in excellent condition. Full hollow. Solingen, Germany. It still needs to be honed for the first time since it is factory sharp only.

Does anyone know anything about Frauenzimmer or what date this may have been made? I know Frauenzimmer in German means Ladies’ Room but is obviously a family name of the maker.

Geneva Cutlery Corp
Geneva NY

The main reason I got the #35 was to compare edges with my first Geneva that I honed with the "Method", as I was struggling mightily with my stones. I have heard about "singing blades", but this one surprised me when it rang out, as it looks exactly like the other one.
prof
View attachment 1007391

Hey buddy, as you get better n better at honing the blades, you start to find which kinds of steel you prefer.

What's even more fun is finding out what kinds of grinds, size etc best suit you.

View attachment 1008124 I just purchased this Frauenzimmer at an Antique store in Maine. It is new but old stock in excellent condition. Full hollow. Solingen, Germany. It still needs to be honed for the first time since it is factory sharp only.

Does anyone know anything about Frauenzimmer or what date this may have been made? I know Frauenzimmer in German means Ladies’ Room but is obviously a family name of the maker.

What a gem I hope it shaves as good as it looks! Some relative unknown brands aree excellent steels and give super shaves.

Happy shaves guys,

Mawashi

Top Bottom