What's new

NYC

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
We had a slice of great pizza in a bodega. Seriously.

The Staten Island Ferry is fun, free, and great. I enjoyed the view of course, but I also enjoyed the people on the ferry.

Top of the Rock has a truly great view of the whole island, and especially of both Central Park and the Empire State Building. Very worth the money!

On a nice day riding around and looking at stuff from the top of one of those double decker tour buses is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. The views were great! It was worth the time to me.

I love the Metropolitan (Art) Museum and could spend a month there.

Street food in NYC is quite good sometimes, at least it was for us. I enjoyed grabbing fruit and such from street vendors at good prices. I don't remember eating anything in New York that I didn't like, and I ate cheap.

I've not been to the Shaving Mecca, but I'm very jealous.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Wow I am blown away form all the input and suggestions!! I want to thank everyone.
I will for sure tell all on our short bust I am sure awesome adventure.
Thanks again everyone.
B & B has some of the most informative and helpful,kind people that I am so happy to be apart of.

Many good suggestions already. If for some reason a Broadway show is not possible, stop by Ellen’s Stardust Diner. Many Broadway hopefuls perform while you eat. The food is decent and the atmosphere can be fun. My wife and I enjoyed two meals there...be prepared to stand in line for a bit, however it is worth the wait in my opinion.
We did get tickets to the Broadway show Come from away. They were pricey but something we should experience.
We will look into the Stardust sounds interesting.

If you plan to wander the streets, Greenwich Village and Soho are best in the morning. Before all the crowds imo. The West Village has some awesome streets to just get lost in.

i forgot, there are tour buses (hop in... somethin'), i don't really know how much it cost or what they show - i'm local, never paid attention - maybe you want to look into it.

If you're into jazz, spend an evening at Blue Note, is not far.... 25 bucks for a table (dinner is extra :)

Last edited:
NYC is 5 boroughs not Manhattan only. With that said if you make your way out towards Queens check out the New York Hall of Science which is geared more towards young children and Flushing Meadow Corona Park where there still have a bunch of stuff from the 64 Worlds Fair and the tennis stadium where they host the US Open each year. Depending when you go you can make a full day of it and catch a Mets game since that is right there also.
New York Hall of Science - Wikipedia

For the Bronx go to the Bronx Zoo and if into baseball catch a Yankees game. You can get to all these places by subway from Manhattan.

Last edited:
For Brooklyn the place to visit if you have time is Coney Island amusement park. Another place you can get to by subway.

Staten Island if you are into museums though I think you'll have to drive for this one even if you do take the ferry.

Staten Island Museum - Wikipedia

The other museum to see which is by the Ferry terminal in Staten Island is the National Lighthouse museum.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
CE4A2925.jpg
4075121421_d0e0c9066a_b.jpg
New_York_Public_Library_May_2011.jpg
If you're flexible, the TKTS ticket booth at 47th Street between Broadway and Seventh Avenue sells same day tickets at very good discounts, usually about 1/2 off.

Man does not live by the expensive things alone. There are also many inexpensive museums. The main NYC public library is free and awe inspiring. From there take a two minute stroll to the Grand Central Station, which will impress even the most jaded NYer.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
dim-sum-at-jing-fong-nyc-12-6-2015.jpg

31251040516_b7aacf06f2_b.jpg

In Chinatown, whether you want to eat dim sum with 300 people or squeeze into an ancient tiny shop to take out char siu, NY can accommodate.

If you want to check out the freak show go to Williamsburg Brooklyn. Between the hipsters and drag queens it rivals the Coney Island freak show aka Coney Island circus side show. It is more entertaining if you go to the Brooklyn Winery or Radegast Hall and Bier Garden and get hammered first.

I wanted to report back as i just got back from this trip to NYC.
1st thanks for all the suggestions I could not possible do 1/2 of them but did a few that were suggested.
My observation of NYC is 1st and foremost THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THERE!! That being said. You can do,see,buy,eat ANYTHING you could imagine there!! The subways are it!! Go anyplace you want to.
But I did visit Pasteur pharmacy and of course was over whelmed with the selections and since NYC took a big budget crunch I just settled for a bottle of hollows after shave (since it is sold out everyplace online).
High lite was a tie between Statue of liberty via the best deal on the Staten island ferry (free) such a awesome view. And the 9/11 museum memorial. They do this correct in remembrance. Total respect.
Broadway show was excellent (Come From Away). Ate perhaps my best steak ever at Keens chop house. And maybe the best pastrami sandwich at Pastrami Queen.
Went up on Top Of The Rock awesome view. Pizza just had a slice on the other side of the ferry very good. Bagel went to Zukers it was withing walking distance of out hotel (Arlo Soho) very good.
Greenwich Village was so cool visited CO Bigelow. Very neat store and the village was so different.
Great time look forward to going again perhaps spend a longer visit.
Take care.

I wanted to report back as i just got back from this trip to NYC.
1st thanks for all the suggestions I could not possible do 1/2 of them but did a few that were suggested.
My observation of NYC is 1st and foremost THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THERE!! That being said. You can do,see,buy,eat ANYTHING you could imagine there!! The subways are it!! Go anyplace you want to.
But I did visit Pasteur pharmacy and of course was over whelmed with the selections and since NYC took a big budget crunch I just settled for a bottle of hollows after shave (since it is sold out everyplace online).
High lite was a tie between Statue of liberty via the best deal on the Staten island ferry (free) such a awesome view. And the 9/11 museum memorial. They do this correct in remembrance. Total respect.
Broadway show was excellent (Come From Away). Ate perhaps my best steak ever at Keens chop house. And maybe the best pastrami sandwich at Pastrami Queen.
Went up on Top Of The Rock awesome view. Pizza just had a slice on the other side of the ferry very good. Bagel went to Zukers it was withing walking distance of out hotel (Arlo Soho) very good.
Greenwich Village was so cool visited CO Bigelow. Very neat store and the village was so different.
Great time look forward to going again perhaps spend a longer visit.
Take care.
Sounds like it went well. I enjoy my visits to Manhattan where one of my friends lives. The one thing I took away from this is that you picked up a bottle of Hallows. I need another one, lucky man. Should have bought the place out of Hallows for us B&B enthusiasts! Cheers! O-H!

Top Bottom