What's new

Numbered British Gillette Chart

I gathered some info on the British Gillettes that might come useful. I do not have all the information so I will gladly make corrections/additions based on member's comments.

Monday 5/26 update- thanks for your comments, I made a few improvements. Here are the revised charts. I know it is not yet complete. More comments welcome!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! the number on the piece with the comb edge doesnt match (pc39772) is that the patent number?

Also, diamond vs flat...what is that in ref to?

The identity of these two eludes me. (both posted on my profile)

Thanks again to all who are helping with this mystery!!

Example for more information, some of the razors existed in aluminum versions, are they bearing the same set number, what is the exact weight, etc...

Thanks for the info! the number on the piece with the comb edge doesnt match (pc39772) is that the patent number?

Also, diamond vs flat...what is that in ref to?

The identity of these two eludes me. (both posted on my profile)

Thanks again to all who are helping with this mystery!!

That refers to the base plate.

Arik, nice job:smile:

#58 - heavy version - 694,093 - red covered metal case - Rhodium doors?

#77/#88 2-piece NEW or is this only for TTO razors?

Then there is the Aristocrat de Luxe (gold plated #66) without a number?

And this #15? with the Pat. 430,030

Arik this is fantastic!

The #22, 45, 58 and 66 were manufactured in aluminum as well and are Patent Pending..
I don't have the exact number but if I remember correctly the #22 / 66 weigh around 37 grams.
Lastly, don't forget about the British Presentation sets.. the Gold Flare Tip Rocket (694093), Mark II Slim Adjustable etc.
I'm sure quite a few other British razors will surface such as the one's Erwin mentions as well as the No. 48 and the Slimtwists..

Last edited:
Arik, nice job:smile:

#58 - heavy version - 694,093 - red covered metal case - Rhodium doors?

#77/#88 2-piece NEW or is this only for TTO razors?

Then there is the Aristocrat de Luxe (gold plated #66) without a number?

And this #15? with the Pat. 430,030

Great stuff, thanks!

Was the gold #66 named "De Luxe" or just #66?

that´s my supplement:

1936 Aristocrat (maybe #1 ?): 76g, Flat plate, silver plated, 400.621 (430.030 on handle)

#20: Rhodium, Flat plate, brown leather covered metal case, 71g, 400.621 (430.030 on handle)

#47: 61g, 400.621 (430.030 on handle)

#21: 73g

Excellent job Arik.

After finding my #16 I have a fascination with the British models especially given Australia was a British Colony for so long.

Much is the pity I can't claim any kudos for this but this is from MTGraylings great Rocket Guide from TSD.

A great read on British Rockets.

"#6: Aristocrat Jr./#48; ... More features of these razors ...... and un-notched post reminiscent of a 1947 Super Speed, this is the only un-notched Rocket type that I know of."

In above table you have that #48 is notched .

Last edited:
Top Bottom