What's new

Number of shaves and passes per blade

I do 3 pass shaves on my DE and straight. I used to stretch to 5 but now down to 4. even on the 4th use noticing some tugging. I am likely to just toss after 3 here soon. these things are so cheap (forget the "hardware" aspect, blades themselves are dirt cheap) there's no point trying to make one last and suffer. seriously, what does a DE blade cost delivered to your home. 10 cents? so 3 cents a shave? I throw out pennies if that shows you how insignificant 3 cents is to me. lol. I don't actually throw them out but end of the day I will toss them in a ziplock bag. I do leave them behind at stores, though.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I do 3 pass shaves on my DE and straight. I used to stretch to 5 but now down to 4. even on the 4th use noticing some tugging. I am likely to just toss after 3 here soon. these things are so cheap (forget the "hardware" aspect, blades themselves are dirt cheap) there's no point trying to make one last and suffer. seriously, what does a DE blade cost delivered to your home. 10 cents? so 3 cents a shave? I throw out pennies if that shows you how insignificant 3 cents is to me. lol. I don't actually throw them out but end of the day I will toss them in a ziplock bag. I do leave them behind at stores, though.

I am sure when you find a good water fountain, those pennies of yours, will find themselves in there. As you stand before the lovely water fountain, and throw the penny in, you say, "I wish for a Rocnel Sailor, or a Timeless Titanium razor, whichever comes first." You open only one eyes, and you look, to see if one appears magically before you on the rim of the fountain. But alas it does not, but you hope, one day, it will show up in your shave den. 😁

I am sure when you find a good water fountain, those pennies of yours, will find themselves in there. As you stand before the lovely water fountain, and throw the penny in, you say, "I wish for a Rocnel Sailor, or a Timeless Titanium razor, whichever comes first." You open only one eyes, and you look, to see if one appears magically before you on the rim of the fountain. But alas it does not, but you hope, one day, it will show up in your shave den. 😁
next time I am in savannah I'll throw a few into the fountain at forsyth park and wish for just that :lol:

I am mainly shavette user. I consider a good blade gives me 15 shaves. Not A blade, but HALF-blade ! A very good half-blade like Wilkinson Sword can give me up to 30 shaves. Never exceeded thou that number. Any blade (half-blade) that gives me less than 8 shaves I consider bad blade (like Rockwell or GSB).

For me, a shave is typically 2-3 passes with full lather. I usually touch up with water and there is enough residual lather that my face is still slick enough to tolerate it with no problem. Occassionally I may spot lather with my fingertips for touch up, if needed.

I try to get a minimum 5 shaves per blade.

Top Bottom