What's new

Nudie Jeans

Does anyone else wear Nudies?
I bought my first pair of Slim Jims a year ago and have since bought 3 pairs. I don't wear any of my older jeans anymore. No other jeans seem to fit as nice. Slim Jim and Average Joe are my favorite style. As with most other things I like its starting to become an obsession :biggrin:

Thanks for that link, some interesting stuff about jeans. Not too many Nudie fans then!

Im totally intrigued and interested, but have yet to pick up a pair.

how are you enjoying yours? the wear-in period?

Im totally intrigued and interested, but have yet to pick up a pair.

how are you enjoying yours? the wear-in period?

They are without doubt my favorite jeans. I'm not into fashion trends. I like plain clothes. Jeans and a black slim fitting Egyptian cotton Levis Tshirt is my usual outfit. Nudies are just simple Jeans with a superb fit, well for me anyway, Im quite slim YMMV! As for the wear in period, not really sure what you mean but they seem to become more comfortable with time. I have a pair of dry indigo that I have not yet washed had them for 8 months, but worn them for about 3 months. Probably gonna wash them soon!
Not sure how much they cost in the US but I can generally pick them up in UK on sale for £60, worth every penny (I'm sure some folks will disagree!).
Get a pair of Slim Jims, you won't be disspointed.:thumbup1:

I'm wearing my Average Joe's today for the first time, they are a pre shrunk style called Used Basic and I paid £39 for them, discounted heavily I believe.
I also bought a pair of "Average Joe Organic Dry Heavy Dirt" which I am yet to wear. I'm not sure I subscribe to the idea of wearing them for six months without washing though just to get a worn in look.

I'm wearing my Average Joe's today for the first time, they are a pre shrunk style called Used Basic and I paid £39 for them, discounted heavily I believe.
I also bought a pair of "Average Joe Organic Dry Heavy Dirt" which I am yet to wear. I'm not sure I subscribe to the idea of wearing them for six months without washing though just to get a worn in look.

I think the idea is that if when you wash them for the first time it rinses out the excess dye, so if you wash them before the dye begins to wear off in certain places they will become 1 shade all over. Where as if you wear them in a while then wash them they take on a unique worn pattern.

I think the idea is that if when you wash them for the first time it rinses out the excess dye, so if you wash them before the dye begins to wear off in certain places they will become 1 shade all over. Where as if you wear them in a while then wash them they take on a unique worn pattern.

That is how it works. Also, on unsanforized denim you get some shrinkage (sometimes a lot of shrinkage) on the first wash and the break in minimizes this. When you do finally wash them, turn them inside out to retain the dye. You should still get wear pattern fading, but the unworn areas will remain darker.

I'm a pretty big denim fan and I agree nudie are nice. I have a couple of pairs of naked and famous jeans which are great. Can you please tell me where you bought your nudie jeans here in the us they are 165-295usd. Thanks.

I got them from Urban Outfitters here in the UK in the sale. They were reduced from one hundred and something pounds to thirty nine pounds.

Bought some Regular Alf's last month. Nicely made jeans, but you have to be sliiiiim to fit in them. I'm 6'2", 180ish and they fit me like I would expect emo-syle jeans would. The waist fits, but the thighs... You can see by my specs that I wouldn't be called anything but slim/skinny. Not to get graphic on you, but I'd have to change my underwear style because I can't get a hand down them to pull down my boxers. It's like an unrelenting wedgie. I'm going to exchange them for a size larger, but I fear the waist will be too large.

There are usually pairs on ebay.co.uk NWT going for around £50. Good to hear more folks love em:biggrin:

If you like Nudies check out Kicking Mule Workshop. They are the best. Super high quality construction.

Right now, I have been working on a pair of APC New Standards, which are also very popular.

Raw denim has so much character and is something I love. It develops over time to fit your body and is unique to you.

Top Bottom