What's new

Nuavia Blu equivalent

I've been having lots of difficulty trying to source this. There are new stocks awaited in 2020, I'm told. I'd like to know in the meanwhile if there are any soaps available that match or come close to the Blu?

Scratch this thread! I went to the Pannacrema website and the Blu is available, albeit in a glass jar. Finally! :)

I love my Martin de Candre in its glass bowl/jar, so I won't know what I'm missing about the ceramic. I'm hoping for the same outstanding performance of that plus the raved-about sent of Nuàvia Blu.

I love my Martin de Candre in its glass bowl/jar, so I won't know what I'm missing about the ceramic. I'm hoping for the same outstanding performance of that plus the raved-about sent of Nuàvia Blu.

I love my MdC and its glass jar as well but then, as they say, if you've never had it, you wouldn't know what you've missed :D

Why or how does a shaving soap justify the sort of price tag such as the Blu's, though? It's the same with most luxury products around the world... pricing that's about 5 times the cost!

I like this question. What would be a less expensive alternative to the Nuavia Blu? I am sure it is good, but I can't see paying that much for such a product. Something like Wickham's, maybe? That's one I've been curious about.

It's the same with most luxury products around the world... pricing that's about 5 times the cost!
MdC can lost a long time and has its price defenders. Perhaps Pannacrema's Blu will have the same longevity? I doubt it, but, I'm a sucker for obtainable luxury. Reminds me of the Mad Men TV show ad about the Jaguar—the ad, not the ... price that had to be paid.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
MdC can lost a long time and has its price defenders. Perhaps Pannacrema's Blu will have the same longevity? I doubt it, but, I'm a sucker for obtainable luxury. Reminds me of the Mad Men TV show ad about the Jaguar—the ad, not the ... price that had to be paid.

Don't expect Nuavia to last as long as MdC. The ingredients in Nuavia are very similar to MdC but it is a much softer soap and they don't dry it for months like MdC does. However, both are great.

Never had a Pannacrema but as the review and the self-ad says, the nuavia line is it's own pre-shave and post-shave/aftershave. You still need an aftershave with the MdC products, which they don't make. Call me shortsighted, but i like to keep my scent simple. Soap paired with it's own aftershave.

Arrived today. Rubbed some on my arm, then some water. Definitely the most complex barbershop smell I've encountered. Something child-like in it? Meaning, I get some (just some) smell-memory from baby products (in the best way). I know, it's weird. Scents of baby products (like Johnson's and Johnson's baby powder) but made manly. Perhaps that's the musk? Musk + baby product scents = time to increase the chance of a (next) child? I joke but honest first impressions must count for something.

I received my Blu in a glass jar. Great soap but it looks different from the video reviews I've seen where the stuff in the ceramic bowl looks a lot lighter and a lot harder. Anyone here who's used or seen the soap in both the ceramic and glass to confirm or negate my observation?

It is dark due to the vanilla. And it is a soft soap.

The closest scent-wise that I have found is Wet Shaving Products Mahogany. It is not the same, but i is in the same neighborhood. The WSP (Formual T) is not as nice a soap as Nuavia, but still good.

Nuavia may be the best soap I’ve ever used. Premium scent and beat post shave feel. Just expensive, so don’t use it every day:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is a Nuavia Blue equivalent...I have not yet found it!!! I purchased this about a year ago, and today was its third use. Absolutely SUPERB shave...I also like the Nuavia Black!

vr

matt

AD3629F0-2A22-47DE-9EE4-C9CDB8DA9F78.jpeg
830B947D-C1A7-4977-9143-432CDA9D2B47.jpeg
ACDB0911-2B6B-40DD-A724-C9C3BDE97584.jpeg
AD0EAAE2-1B31-4FF3-8E4E-303B218FEFBC.jpeg

I could see people agreeing that it and red are colder weather scents.
However, no rules...I have used it whenever the mood strikes.

Vr

Top Bottom