What's new

Noxzema menthol blue can from Italy

If anyone has a source for a fair price please contact me. $33 shipping is a bit too much for a can that costs under $4. TY.

If anyone has a source for a fair price please contact me. $33 shipping is a bit too much for a can that costs under $4. TY.

what do you call 'fair'??
the italian seller is asking $4 for the can.

Just the shipping is high! That is a simple fact.
How can anyone call that 'unfair'??

noxzema blue.jpg

Good point. Does it really cost that much to ship from Italy? I found another source but they may not ship to US.

Good point. Does it really cost that much to ship from Italy? I found another source but they may not ship to US.

$30 might be a little high, but shipping costs from Eurozone overall are huge.
With a little experimentation, you likely will find other nice mentholated cans of shave foam locally.
I had a great shave with classic Barbasol recently.

barbasol gillette fine december 14 2018.jpg

$30 might be a little high, but shipping costs from Eurozone overall are huge.
With a little experimentation, you likely will find other nice mentholated cans of shave foam locally.
I had a great shave with classic Barbasol recently.

View attachment 977158
Actually I get Gillette Foamy Menthol from Walgreens delivered to the store for $2.99. Great stuff and much better than Barbasol IMO.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have found the same thing here in Australia. Postage/shipping can be a killer. I assume because it is a pressurized can many distributors don't like posting pressurized cans incase they explode during travel.

Italian Barber carries a few of the Italian Noxzema products, unfortunately not the foam or the tube of Menthol Lather Shave Cream.

Noxema Menthol was my favorite foam till it was discontinued in the US. I never really found a foam or gel I liked after that.

I'd like to find out if there was a way to get one of these with paying more than it costs for ADP. I assume a jar of ADP at $82 would easily last 3x-4x what this can would last.

But it's really cool that people on eBay send stuff from one country to any other country.

I placed an order with Gifts & Care yesterday. This morning, I received a message saying:
Thanks for your order but we regret to inform taht (sic) we are unable to send you a foam to US because of transport restrictions.

What a bummer.

BTW, on researching this, it looks like Proraso foam is the best alternative. Has anyone tried both the Noxzema and the Proraso and can comment on that?

They sell Prep on Amazon which comes from Chicago but is made in Italy like Proraso. Now why can they get it from Europe and we can't?

They sell Prep on Amazon which comes from Chicago but is made in Italy like Proraso. Now why can they get it from Europe and we can't?

I think it might be that it needs to be shipped by surface not by air.

And it looks like p&g owns the noxema brand so they don’t want to allow the types that they don’t already sell here to be distributed by someone else.

I contacted two other stores and got similar responses:

From healthandbeautyonline17 @ ebay
I am afraid we can only send commercial quantities of this product to the US (pallets)

From garden.co.uk
Unfortunately, we are no longer able to ship aerosols or alcohol-containing products to the USA. Sorry!

It looks like the only way to get one of these is to make a trip to Europe (or ask someone going there to get one).

I contacted two other stores and got similar responses:

From healthandbeautyonline17 @ ebay

From garden.co.uk

It looks like the only way to get one of these is to make a trip to Europe (or ask someone going there to get one).
Thanks for the footwork. Amazon has a page on it but says unavailable. I put it in my wishlist in case it comes back. If it does I'll let everyone know. FYI I contacted an Ebay seller who gets the cocoa butters and even he can't get the blue.

Thanks for the footwork. Amazon has a page on it but says unavailable. I put it in my wishlist in case it comes back. If it does I'll let everyone know. FYI I contacted an Ebay seller who gets the cocoa butters and even he can't get the blue.

Thanks. If you find an alternative brand that works as well, let us know that too.

Top Bottom