What's new

Noxzema lather in the tube-do I wish it was still around

Ebay is the digital form of that strange trenchcoated guy who hides behind the stadium, who is always selling something that's hard to find....like good seats to a Bucs game. :)

Steve, although there are so many wonderful creams and soaps to choose from, Noxzema was and still is something I would have loved to get again. It's nostalgia on my part.

Jeff

I know, I was just kidding around about Ebay. It's that one place where about anything can eventually be found.

My sense of humor takes a bit getting used to at times :)

I was in Italy 2 weeks ago , having been to a UEFA cup football match (soccer) and picked up some Noxzema in a tube for 3.75 euros from a perfumery. It was new, so I assume that it is still manufactured. It had the address for Proctor & Gamble in Italy and England on the carton. I've never seen it in England.

I also managed to get a 500ml jar of Proraso pre/post for 7 euros from a tiny cobbler type shop dealing in knives and scissors and 500ml Proraso shaving cream in a tube of 5.50 euros

The kind of prices that I like

I remember too my Dad using Noxzema in the blue tub. But get this, he used it after his shave and after shave. And when he died at 81 he had the softest skin on his face. Anyone else do this?

vinny1957 said:
I remember too my Dad using Noxzema in the blue tub. But get this, he used it after his shave and after shave. And when he died at 81 he had the softest skin on his face. Anyone else do this?

I assume you're talking about the regular Noxema creme, here. Would he rinse after application? I recently looked at a jar and there was nothing about a no-rinse application in the directions...though I do seem to remember this being listed as an option once upon a time.

He probably used some sort of alcohol based after shave splash, right? Then the Noxema was his moisturizer?

Right. I'm sorry I wasn't very clear. Shave, rinse, aftershave, Noxzema rubbed in. Ahhh - still remember how he smelled!

I've now had the opportunity to use the Noxzema. It's a fresh smelling cream with reasonable lather that I'm comfortable using. However, given the choice at the price point, I'd take Proraso

Top Bottom