What's new

Noxema - Take It All Off

Thought this group may enjoy knowing that my uncle dated Gunilla Knutson back in the 60's and brought her to our house when I was a kid. Of course he did! I was tongue tied and too young to know why. She was the actress in the classic Noxema commercial saying, "Take it off. Take it all off." My uncle was a small-time actor whose big roles were in Day of the Dead and Porky's II which is how he had the chance to meet Gunilla.

If you are too young to know what the heck I'm talking about, take a minute to watch this. https://vimeo.com/338696552

Unfortunately, your link did not work for me.

However, I do remember that commercial. In addition to the beautiful actress, I remember the guy shaving used the worst technique using a razor that I have ever seen!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Noxzema foam has disappeared within the past year. Even the Canadian version seems to be no more. Cans are selling on eBay for 10 or more times the original retail price.

However, I do remember that commercial. In addition to the beautiful actress, I remember the guy shaving used the worst technique using a razor that I have ever seen!

Amazing what you can get away with when there's no blade in the razor!
Anybody really trying to shave like that would wind up in the ER.

Thought this group may enjoy knowing that my uncle dated Gunilla Knutson back in the 60's and brought her to our house when I was a kid. Of course he did! I was tongue tied and too young to know why. She was the actress in the classic Noxema commercial saying, "Take it off. Take it all off." My uncle was a small-time actor whose big roles were in Day of the Dead and Porky's II which is how he had the chance to meet Gunilla.

If you are too young to know what the heck I'm talking about, take a minute to watch this. https://vimeo.com/338696552

Wow!

Any pics of your uncle back then??

Did he offer any *ahem* additional details??!!

Noxzema foam was indeed a classic wet shave item in its day!
I was a regular user and sad to see it go!
Thanks for posting!

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you

We’re not worthy!

That Personna injector razor was a slick design, but as a razor it was kind of mediocre. I've had a couple, the ergonomics are terrible. If you tried to shave with the angle the actor uses, it wouldn't matter if there was a blade in there or not, you wouldn't make much contact.

Wow!

Any pics of your uncle back then??

Did he offer any *ahem* additional details??!!

Noxzema foam was indeed a classic wet shave item in its day!
I was a regular user and sad to see it go!
Thanks for posting!
I was too young to know what "details" meant. But I do remember her sweater was tight...

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member

I want to know who he played in Porky's II.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Don't know why they stopped making this pink stuff.

Attachments

• vintage-noxzema-brushless-shave-cream_1_5d54e14fb9bd56c8010d17640645f215 (1).jpg
    vintage-noxzema-brushless-shave-cream_1_5d54e14fb9bd56c8010d17640645f215 (1).jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 2
  • vintage-noxzema-brushless-shave-cream_1_5d54e14fb9bd56c8010d17640645f215.jpg
    vintage-noxzema-brushless-shave-cream_1_5d54e14fb9bd56c8010d17640645f215.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 2
Don't know why they stopped making this pink stuff.

only a guess, Noxell was trying to move out of jars and into tubes and cans.
in any case, i was not a huge fan of the brushless.
their lathering cream was far better for me.
the brushless cream also was harder to rinse from the razor.
both had nice combo of camphor, menthol, clove, eucalyptus.

two nox.jpg

Top Bottom