What's new

Now Available! Handmade Maple Shaving Brush

7FA1B0C1-89EC-4050-A3E5-47D19721B35A.jpeg
46C30099-89B0-4054-8CCF-A437F443D1B1.jpeg
4EE30D35-5ED9-40D0-8D7D-8BB4FA82A937.jpeg

Can you describe it a bit in terms of handmade?

Was the knot hand tied and handle turned by hand?

Nicely shaped handle.
Finish looks good too!

If you are trying to sell these you should maybe include some specifics.
Hair identity, quality of Knot, handle dimensions, finish and lastly price.

Yup. It doesn't look like a high end brush to me at first glance. If I'm honest, it looks cheap.

Nicely shaped handle.
Finish looks good too!

If you are trying to sell these you should maybe include some specifics.
Hair identity, quality of Knot, handle dimensions, finish and lastly price.
Thanks for your comment. You can find all the specifics here on our site.

Can you describe it a bit in terms of handmade?

Was the knot hand tied and handle turned by hand?

Yup. It doesn't look like a high end brush to me at first glance. If I'm honest, it looks cheap.
Thank you for your comment. The Western Maple handle is hand turned. We are in the process of making more brushes out of a variety of woods. Here is the link to the site, so you can see the precise dimensions.

From their website (it also comes in another handle shape):

One of a kind Handmade 24mm Silver Tip Badger Shaving Brush with Western Maple handle.

Brush Specs

• Loft: 2.2" / 56 mm
  • Total Weight: 1.73 oz / 49 g
Handle Specs

• Handle Height: 2.05" / 52 mm
  • Handle Width: 1.375" / 35 mm
  • Handle Weight: 0.88 oz / 25 g
Knot Specs

• Knot Width: 0.95" / 24 mm
  • Knot Height: 2.625" / 66.7 mm
  • Knot Weight: 0.85 oz / 24 g

Is the knot handmade and hand assembled into the brush?

Was it made in house or outsourced and to what country?

These are things myself and perhaps others, would like to know when something is branded "one of a kind" and "handmade".

I double checked and the knot is hand tied.
Ok....so again, was it assembled in house or China, etc?

You can't just slap Handmade & One of a Kind on something and not tell us anything about it or who made it.

Handmade, one of a kind doesn't hold much value if it can't be traced back to who made it or at minimum, what country.

I don't think I'm asking too much by requesting details on something advertised as Handmade & One of a Kind. If I'm the only one who cares, I'll stand down and won't ask again. Maybe I'm being too critical as my handmade items are handmade from start to finish, with my set of hands and only my hands.

Last edited:
Ok....so again, was it assembled in house or China, etc?

You can't just slap Handmade & One of a Kind on something and not tell us anything about it or who made it.

Handmade, one of a kind doesn't hold much value if it can't be traced back to who made it or at minimum, what country.

I don't think I'm asking too much by requesting details on something advertised as Handmade & One of a Kind. If I'm the only one who cares, I'll stand down and won't ask again. Maybe I'm being too critical as my handmade items are handmade from start to finish, with my set of hands and only my hands.
We buy the knots and the wood. The handles are hand turned on site and then the knot is glued in on site. Since each piece of wood is different, that’s what makes them unique. The only thing we don’t do, is grow the wood and shave the badgers.
Since we are just starting to provide handmade brushes again, I haven’t had a chance to photograph the process and post it on social media.
Also, since these are brand new brushes and have never been used, the knots have not bloomed out yet. So that’s why the knot looks small in the photos. We have used the same silver tip badger hair knots in all our brushes for years, except for the synthetic knots we use in the aluminum handles.
Please let me know if you have any other questions I can answer.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
We buy the knots and the wood. The handles are hand turned on site and then the knot is glued in on site. Since each piece of wood is different, that’s what makes them unique. The only thing we don’t do, is grow the wood and shave the badgers.
Since we are just starting to provide handmade brushes again, I haven’t had a chance to photograph the process and post it on social media.
Also, since these are brand new brushes and have never been used, the knots have not bloomed out yet. So that’s why the knot looks small in the photos. We have used the same silver tip badger hair knots in all our brushes for years, except for the synthetic knots we use in the aluminum handles.
Please let me know if you have any other questions I can answer.
Was the Badger a vegetarian?

Top Bottom