What's new

November 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Well, I have good news, bad news and good news again.

The good news is that the Omega Roma is on its way for delivery next week - hopefully just in time for my first anniversary shave, but I think just a little too late.
:thumbup1:

The bad news is that I was chatting with the LOTH on a purchase she wanted to make as part of her birthday in January and asked her if she wanted me to take care of the order. She responded yes and I placed the order - together with my brush to avoid shipping cost (LOTH gave me the look and I grinned back). Mindlessly I proceeded and all was well until it dawned on me that technically on my little spot on earth it is still 30 November!!! So I made a shaving purchase in November!! I am out when I thought I was in (and I will increase your laughter even more: that has happened to me before!).
:thumbdown
:blink:

So out at 100%, which brings me to the good news: I can be in for December!!
:thumbup:

Guido

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
November G.R.U.M.E. completed. Still I'm and ready for December. Last shave of the month-

Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Razorock Tuscan Oud on my face
Timeless .38 Bronze w/ 🪶
Lucky Tiger Tonic 🐅

DFS

Pondering the 2023 purchase sabbatical... can't think of anything that would hold me back.

Cheers G.R.U.M.E.ers!

Well, I have good news, bad news and good news again.

The good news is that the Omega Roma is on its way for delivery next week - hopefully just in time for my first anniversary shave, but I think just a little too late.
:thumbup1:

The bad news is that I was chatting with the LOTH on a purchase she wanted to make as part of her birthday in January and asked her if she wanted me to take care of the order. She responded yes and I placed the order - together with my brush to avoid shipping cost (LOTH gave me the look and I grinned back). Mindlessly I proceeded and all was well until it dawned on me that technically on my little spot on earth it is still 30 November!!! So I made a shaving purchase in November!! I am out when I thought I was in (and I will increase your laughter even more: that has happened to me before!).
:blink:

So out at 100%, which brings me to the good news: I can be in for December!!
:thumbup:

Guido
Only you, Guido, can make GRUME such a roller-coaster ride! :a49:

And so, at the end of the month, it's time for one last (I hope)...

Roll Call!

Hardcore: GRUNE (Gentlemanly Restraint Until November's End)
1) @FoolishMortal - SOTMC
2) Multum in flagrante - out (11/19: Shavemac gift)
3) @kjbarth - GRUYERE
4) Markdad2 - out (11/8: B&M soap)
5) @hopper_64 - No Shave November
6) JAHE - out (11/22: Shavemac knot)
7) tjsgarden - out (11/25: Soaps and AS)
8) @iver
9) @RookieGuy
10) @cryhavoc
11) @FL shaver
12) @Jayson74
13) @LJBraaten
14) Jack Goossen - out (11/8: Marvel)
15) linty1 - out (11/23: ???)
16) @silverlifter
17) Alum Ladd - out (11/5: RFB)
18) @Cranky James :(
19) @lasta
20) @Doti B
21) Guido75 - out by a whisker (11/30: Omega brush)
22) @VerbaVolant
23) @Roedeer
24) @Stuart Ganis
25) @SunShave
26) Trollky - out (11/14: DR Harriswhaling)
27) @sandorfi - SOTMC
28) @Chef455
29) JWCowboy - out (11/28: Brushwhaling)
30) @Buflow
31) @pow0622

Softcore: GRUBF (Gentlemanly Restraint Until Black Friday)
1) @La Malice - out (success to BF)
2) Balin - out (11/1: Brushes)
3) @MaineYooper - out (success to BF)
4) ChriWilson - out (11/24: Balm)
5) @Contact_vs_Feedback - out (success to BF)

Last in for this GRUBFer

GRUBF 17 of 18
SOTM 17 of 18
NOCvember too 17 out of 18

Razor: Merkur 34 HD C
Blade: GSB (3)
Soap: Nivea for Men Mild Shaving Cream
Brush: Proraso Boar
AS: Brut Splash on + Nivea Moisturizing cream

1 day worth of growth and for some reason a bunch of nick ... oh well there is always next month.

Now I need to decide what soap / cream will be used next month, that Nivea tube still have a solid month and a half to 2 month in him .

But Decemboar here I come 🐷

Day 30, 100% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Enhancement: a few drops of glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

Finished the month with a good near-BBS.

I'd better sign up for the December GRUME, to give myself some motivation. There isn't anything I need to buy, but we all know how that goes!

Still in, and can’t believe I’ve successfully completed my 6th (out of seven) GRUME! As I have said before, when I signed up in May, it was a way to avoid another monthly shaving purchase, and avoid my wife calling attention to my spending habits. I intended to resume buying in June after being off the radar for a while. But the idea of not constantly buying grew on me, and now I can’t imagine not continuing in GRUME every month.
I finished with a DFS with my Tech and Feather, now with 155 shaves.

Yesterday's shave was a great way to round out the month of November. A comfortable shave that was close enough is about all I can reasonably ask for day to day. Still learning that slant razor, still trying to unlock its secrets. But no nicks or weepers, and at the end of the day, that's my benchmark for a good shave or not.

My sole synthetic made hood lather from some Ghost Town Barber with Captain's Choice Venture aftershave balm rounded out last night's shaving experience.

Another successful GRUME in the books, gentlemen. Congratulations to all who made it through! And a valiant effort to those who didn't!

Top Bottom