What's new

November 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still out, almost in 😁

Brilliant shave with this unobtanium slant and badger tallowed Ukrainian cream.
Heavenly, as Mantic described this razor.

A49AE6FD-CA37-4F50-B0F3-DC3CC839463D.jpeg

GRUBF...Still In:blush:
GRUME...Still Out
NOCvember...Last Day

PXL_20221130_144749153.jpg

Merkur 34C
Gillette Platinum (30)
Omega Evo 2.0
DR. Harris Lavender

Hey Guys
I think I did good prep and spent extended time lathering but on the first pass I had to be extra careful because there was a little roughness and some tugging. I will prepare better tomorrow because I want to use the blade at least one more shave and hopefully more. Follow-up passes were smoother but it was not in the DFS range.

Moving On...Thank You Brandon (@FoolishMortal) and Guido (@Guido75) for hosting these threads.
Also...Thanks to everyone else, I really enjoy reading, learning and being amused by all the postings.

Tomorrow I will start DecemBOAR 2022-Link here and December GRUME.

Take care of yourself and each other...Onward!

SOTD #19
- OUT -

Final shave of the month and it was a very good one indeed.
I'll be out of SOTM next month (I will limit to weekly) because there really are too many options for December...
  • *TOBS St James (SOTM)
  • Simpson's Commodore x3 (Best)
  • *Mühle R89
  • *Gillette Rubie Plus - 3
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Nivea Protect & Care 2 in 1 Splash
* SWS

IMG_9728.JPG

today is the last day of GRUME!! No purchases made - 100% satisfaction and a second successfully completed GRUME.
Congratulations!!! I think we need to throw a party!! 🥳

@tjsgarden bummer about your brush. Maybe some jealousy issues at work here? I have a friend who had to keep his bedroom door closed at all times when he was packing for a trip. As soon as his dog saw the luggage he would start chewing up his shoes! Anyway, I don’t suppose you could rationalize another as a necessary replacement? Or sneak it in the last day of November?

Last edited:
Still in, second day testing my newly molded travel soap (accidentally posted in the December GRUME) with the Timberwolf brush, and it’s a good fit. The olive can is a little larger than the spray paint cap my other soap is in. The small containers are good for the smaller brush and face lathering. Back to the tech today, got a fairly decent shave yesterday with my Gem Junior (1912), but nothing beats the tech for a consistently close shave.
Are you Dutch?

Are you Dutch?
Maybe a little Scotch! 😇😉When I have some time I might share a picture of my favorite fireplace tools. 🤪

FWIW, I often find that they don’t make exactly what I’m looking for. Philadelphia Cream Cheese Scuttles, Spray Paint Cap & Olive can soap jars may not win any photographic acclaim, but they are exactly what I need! Convention, custom, and appearances be d*mn*d! 🙃
Onward!!

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! I think we need to throw a party!! 🥳

@tjsgarden bummer about your brush. Maybe some jealousy issues at work here? I have a friend who had to keep his bedroom door closed at all times when he was packing for a trip. As soon as his dog saw the luggage he would start chewing up his shoes! Anyway, I don’t suppose you could rationalize another as a necessary replacement? Or sneak it in the last day of November?
Well, technically I am out of GRUME but I am trying to stay on track. However, TLOTH is up to something! We often use the same email address for generic purposes and I accidentally :)letterk1:) saw a suspicious order from a familiar company and accidentally saw a tracking number indicating a delivery this weekend. We'll see!

If I were " a little Scotch😇😉", which I am, I guess I could put some duct tape around the handle and lather with a partial fan shaped knot but it would be a little awkward and weird.

@LJBraaten said "Convention, custom, and appearances be d*mn*d! 🙃".

LJ, you are a worthy role model of the true spirit of GRUME!

Last edited:
Maybe a little Scotch! 😇😉When I have some time I might share a picture of my favorite fireplace tools. 🤪

FWIW, I often find that they don’t make exactly what I’m looking for. Philadelphia Cream Cheese Scuttles, Spray Paint Cap & Olive can soap jars may not win any photographic acclaim, but they are exactly what I need! Convention, custom, and appearances be d*mn*d! 🙃
Onward!!

Man, you ARE the king of sustainabilty 🤴🏻

full

Still in
Thanks Gents for your support

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable 1962
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
Brush: Simpson SE Kensington
Bowl: Face lather

Soap: Speick 🌿
Pre shave: Kyle's routine, Nivea Shave Stick, long dwell time
Aftershave: Speick 🌿

Fine 2pass shave with a little neck buffing for a great shave.
Opened up the Slim to 9 for my neck w no issues.

Loving the Speick, very herbal and quiet.
Great finish to the month!

If I were " a little Scotch😇😉", which I am, I guess I could put some duct tape around the handle and lather with a partial fan shaped knot but it would be a little awkward and weird.
If enough knot (bristles) survived they could be put onto a new handle. I think it would work even if the knot came out in several pieces. But unless you are adventurous enough that would mean sending it out for repair, which could be fairly pricey.
I know, save the small knot for a lightweight travel brush! Got any chopped olive cans?

Top Bottom