What's new

November 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in. Haven’t checked in with the GRUME for a bit as life has been way too hectic the last few weeks. Being so busy helped as I haven’t perused any shaving shops and I didn’t even see many of the Black Friday deals but from the sounds of it, it wouldn’t have caused any temptation anyways. Don’t expect any issues tomorrow so should be another successful month 👍

Day 29, 96.7% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #7
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Took my time, and got a BBS face and good comfortable neck result.

Now I've got a brush I like, the only missing kit is a largeish plastic/unbreakable bowl with enough texture or relief to make lathering easier.

The DIY option might work.
Pereira is the way to go for large and unbreakable.

C2D35508-B5E3-47A2-963C-06B07A83EDD5.jpeg
72A838C0-2106-4163-92E4-65D7C9FEC08E.jpeg

Final shave of November and I've made it! Tried out a tub of Cella today for the fist time (had it sitting in my den since my March GRUME failure, the lather was fantastic! Skipping December but I'll be back again in January for another round of GRUME!

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins and Brimble Face Wash
- Jack Black Face Buff Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave oil
- Cella Soap

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Osma Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Hawkins and Brimble Elemi and Ginseng Aftershave Balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- BIC Chrome Platinum (2)
- Zenith 80B Unbleached Boar

Fragrance for the day
- L'Occitan by L'Occitane EDT

Final shave of the GRUME and I'm still in so I made it a good one.

Pre-Shave: GFT Ecuris Skin Food and hot washcloth.
Lather: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: Shavemac Beagle Black and tan bulb
Razor: Gillette Ball Handle Tech
Blade: Wilkinson sword classic (2)
Post-shave: Cold washcloth, alum block and Fuar Ach Snog.

While my bank balance would very much appreciate me joining the December Restraint I have promised myself a Christmas Treewhale.

Still in
Last shave of the month
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4)
Brush : Omega S-Brush
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Soap: Fine Santal Absolut
Post-Shave: Alum Block
Nivea 2-Phase AS Lotion
Trumper Sandalwood Skin Food

Another quality BBS shave this evening. Fine soap was a star. Lovely thick and creamy lather which resulted in a BBS shave with no nicks, cuts or weepers.A top soap IMO. Rockwell and Astra SP a winning combination. Onto December GRUME I go 😎😎😎😎

Still in
Last shave of the month
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4)
Brush : Omega S-Brush
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Soap: Fine Santal Absolut
Post-Shave: Alum Block
Nivea 2-Phase AS Lotion
Trumper Sandalwood Skin Food

Another quality BBS shave this evening. Fine soap was a star. Lovely thick and creamy lather which resulted in a BBS shave with no nicks, cuts or weepers.A top soap IMO. Rockwell and Astra SP a winning combination. Onto December GRUME I go 😎😎😎😎
F1EC2C58-CB45-4436-B201-4D11ADAEBF6D.jpeg

SOTD
  • Rockwell 6S/R4
  • Nacet (18)
  • Stirling Orange Chill + Omega Eucalyptus
  • BBF (Beagle Butterscotch Fan)
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Orange Chill ASB
  • Stirling Bergamot Lavender AS
The final shave of November's GRUME was lovely. Two passes and out the door, with no challenges from the kit. I'm ready for December, and have already told SWMBO and the Awesome In-Laws (which could be a band name) that I need no shave gear for the holidays.

Thanks to all who stuck it out with me and survived despite the lures and chum in the BFCM waters.

Onward!

Day 30, 100% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Synthetic Cashmere
Razor: Rockwell 6S, R4, Astra SP #2
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Ended the month with the lazy option for an autopilot DFS.

Thanks for the examples, Multum in parvo.

I have a smooth container that's the right size, and I'm going to try adding some DIY relief, like your example at the bottom right.

I made it. Maybe 3 months in a row? Dunno but I am done with this crap. LOL. Daddy needs some new shaving stuff. 🤪

I am taking Dec off as I really do NEED a few things. No, not a Simpson shaving brush! A couple of styptic pencils for sure, and I need a few EdT/colognes as haven‘t bought a new cologne in ages. I am running low and I am going to the office a couple times a week and need to smell purty. I will likely order a Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb and something else.

Stay strong my brothers in GRUME!

Let’s be honest… how many of us on B&B really NEED anything shaving related? 😜

True.:laugh:

I failed October with "Backup Disorder" (wanted spare MWFs in case the good formulation went extinct), which was fair enough. I'm now good on razors, soap, blades, brush and post-shave stuff, so by most people's standards it's "job done".

On the other hand, I'm "due a bit of recreational shopping, as my reward for not recreationally shopping so much..."

Top Bottom