What's new

November 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

LOL.

The discounts just aren’t nearly enough to make me buy. GRUME or not.

The Duke 3 Manchurian is the only thing that is calling my name. Not bad for £175. The M7 Manchurians are discounted a little bit and are a good deal as well.
I paid 199.00 for my Duke 3 so it is a good price. Going through the offers that Butterscotch Rover looks nice but the itch is not that bad. I’ll let it pass.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
LOL.

The Duke 3 Manchurian is the only thing that is calling my name. Not bad for £175. The M7 Manchurians are discounted a little bit and are a good deal as well.
I have that Italian marble Duke 3 Manchurian. Got it on Black Friday in 2017. Just used it this morning, actually. You'd cry if I told you how little I paid. They really did mark brushes way down for Black Friday 5 years ago. It is a phenomenal little brush. You deserve one just like it. It may not be 40% off, but it isn't gonna get any cheaper than it is right now. Go ahead and buy it. I'll hold your place here in the GRUME till you get back.

I have that Italian marble Duke 3 Manchurian. Got it on Black Friday in 2017. Just used it this morning, actually. You'd cry if I told you how little I paid. They really did mark brushes way down for Black Friday 5 years ago. It is a phenomenal little brush. You deserve one just like it. It may not be 40% off, but it isn't gonna get any cheaper than it is right now. Go ahead and buy it. I'll hold your place here in the GRUME till you get back.
Nope. I shall pass. Based on last year, maybe they wiil still be in stock in March for my birthday gift.

Still in, and salvaged a great post Turkey day shave!

I tired using a soap sample yesterday and got the worst shave I've had in years. Tried it again today using a different scent sample of the same soap and 1/2 through the 1 pass I scraped the shave. Pulled out my Arko stick and rescued the shave!

Schick Injector Type E3
Schick Injector (12)
Arko stick
Stirling Li'l Brudder 22mm synth
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Last edited:
LOL.

I had already washed out of GRUME so I ended up getting the M7 Manchurian and a Duke 3 two band. My first Simpson brushes! They are going to be Christmas gifts from my mother!! I already told the Mrs to intercept them and wrap them for under the tree!! I wonder how long Canadian Customs will hold on to them and what my duty will be, argh!

I had already washed out of GRUME so I ended up getting the M7 Manchurian and a Duke 3 two band. My first Simpson brushes! They are going to be Christmas gifts from my mother!! I already told the Mrs to intercept them and wrap them for under the tree!! I wonder how long Canadian Customs will hold on to them and what my duty will be, argh!
That’s an excellent start down the Simpsons hole :c1:

No
Nice! You couldn’t do any better IMO. The M7 Manchurian is an amazing brush and Simpson’s two band Silvertip is just amazing.

The only thing that sucks for you is the wait. 🤪

BTW, Simpson declares the value… ahem… LOW. 99% there will be no duty. My Ch2 Silvertip was declared at £5. 🙏 6-7 Simpson orders to Canada and no duty on any of the shipments to me.

Still out... After my fail with a vintage lucky mince razor I could join the Black friday madness without remorse.

So since yesterday coming my way:
  • 250 x Wizamet Super Iridium
  • Sapone da barba Santa Maria del Fiore 250ml - Razorock
  • Sapone da barba 17° Stormo 150ml - Extrò Cosmesi
  • Rasoio di sicurezza nichelato piccolo - Fatip
I will be back at full force during next grumings :adoration:..

Btw, Lucky Mince gave me a second wonderfull bbs shave today with a Personna lab blue blade (2).
Soap of the month still Proraso Red.
Happy with this light but very efficient little one.

Still out... After my fail with a vintage lucky mince razor I could join the Black friday madness without remorse.

So since yesterday coming my way:
  • 250 x Wizamet Super Iridium
  • Sapone da barba Santa Maria del Fiore 250ml - Razorock
  • Sapone da barba 17° Stormo 150ml - Extrò Cosmesi
  • Rasoio di sicurezza nichelato piccolo - Fatip
I will be back at full force during next grumings :adoration:..

Btw, Lucky Mince gave me a second wonderfull bbs shave today with a Personna lab blue blade (2).
Soap of the month still Proraso Red.
Happy with this light but very efficient little one.
Nice. Get it out of your system.

If you are gonna go down, go down in flames I say. 👍

Day 27, 90% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #5
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Used the Game Changer, and got a relaxing near-BBS. I'm getting on a lot better with the Yaqi synthetic than I do with boars.

Still in.

No shave since past few days.

The States I visited in past 2 weeks had best air quality in my country and when I returned to my home, I was greeted with one of the worst air quality week in the decade.

Bla k Friday deals mostly are lackluster this year or maybe I'm more satisfied with the items I'm my rotation.

Only thing that is constantly getting to me is the Blackbird - that is a good discount indeed and given that it has been on my LIST for most part of the year I'm torn whether to go for it or not.

The ways we find to torture ourselves, lol.

Still in.

No shave since past few days.

The States I visited in past 2 weeks had best air quality in my country and when I returned to my home, I was greeted with one of the worst air quality week in the decade.

Bla k Friday deals mostly are lackluster this year or maybe I'm more satisfied with the items I'm my rotation.

Only thing that is constantly getting to me is the Blackbird - that is a good discount indeed and given that it has been on my LIST for most part of the year I'm torn whether to go for it or not.

The ways we find to torture ourselves, lol.
It is possible your newly acquired Blackbird would always feel a bit tainted.
On the other hand: if you purchase it after your GRUME, it might shine a lot more, since you would associate it with your perseverance.

Top Bottom