What's new

NOVEMBER 2020 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter the season, no matter the weather the hunt should continue....

Visit the familiar places, seek out new ones, always searching for the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

A nice cased G Series Schick Injector arrived today.
20201107_162140.jpg

20201107_162151_HDR.jpg

20201107_162232.jpg

20201107_162259.jpg

Yesterday I received a package from the Bay. It was a vintage D. Miller & Son Eldon Workbroom Cut Throat Razor. I could not resist picking this up since it had my eldest sons name Eldon on the blade. It isn't a common name today and I always get a kick out of finding things that remind me of my family. It isn't sharp and will need a new edge, but the blade is not in bad shape. I am not sure of the age, but I would guess it is from the 1890's. It is always cool to shave with history. If anyone knows anything about this razor, let me know. The scales look old and a bit small for the blade. My guess they are not the original. I though they were going to be made from wood like a broom handle, but they appear to be some kind of plastic or horn. Nevertheless, I can't wait to get this guy shave ready. I am waiting for a 1000 grit stone on back order, and will try honing this once I receive it. My lowest is 4000 and I think I need to go lower. I'm inexperienced in honing so this will be a nice project to learn with and improve my skills. The razor was only $15 so I am not worried about trying to restore it. I don't want to ruin it, but I think it will turn out fine.

IMG_8034.jpg
IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg

Fri 13th November

Never thought I would be buying another ER "Streamline", as I have some in the different cases. As
a matter of interest this one in the metal case was marketed as ER " Jewel".

View attachment 1181673

Is it the razor on auction on the English site a few days ago? I followed it the first few days because it seemed like it went unnoticed but soon I had to throw in the towel.

Is it the razor on auction on the English site a few days ago? I followed it the first few days because it seemed like it went unnoticed but soon I had to throw in the towel.
Yes, originally I was after the uncased one with two handles but was outbid at last moment.

Received a couple of items this past week. I never used Murphy & McNeil before, but I can say everything has been top notch so far. I ordered these on Friday and they were delivered Tuesday! Shipping was included in price and everything was packaged nicely.

The scent of the puck is great and the artwork looks amazing. Even the classy frosted finish of the AS bottle and leather like wrap on the cap are all nice touches. I can't wait to try this set.
Steve

IMG_8081.jpg
IMG_8082.jpg

Just won an auction on ebay. The following picture was the first picture on the listing:
IMG_20201122_194031.jpg

Anyone figure out the top middle razor? Almost missed it.

I asked the seller for more pictures and got this in a message:
Screenshot_20201122-183540.png

Hope the FatBoy is in good shape looks to be at least service grade. Won the auction for ~$32. Not the best price but not too shabby. I think I flew under the radar thanks to the poor photography.

Never really bought into the FatBoy hype but have been using my slim a lot lately and became more interested.

I will update when I get it and clean it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom