What's new

November 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in.

Simpsons Wee Scott, Viking’s Sword blade in a Merkur Progress and Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars.

Every time I use the Wee Scot I laugh my @$$ off at the size. I don’t think I will ever get used to how small this little bugger is. Hold lather like a champ though. 👍

Still in. Gillette New Improved, Bic Chrome Platinum Blade (day 2), Simpsons Chubby 2 Manchurian, TOBS Sandalwood Soap & Cologne.

I'm trying out some sample blades I had purchased last month. The blades are BIC was pretty decent for day 2, but starting to fade in sharpness/smoothness/closeness AGT compared to a vintage Wilkie blade that I swapped in for a mini shave-off on the 3rd pass :biggrin1:.

PB215141 (2).JPG

Still in (barely hanging by a thread) :
I got close to losing out to my monkey brain several times.

Once I got a terrific deal with Proraso Green and Red pre shave balm and shave cream tube (New) and reluctantly sent a DM (different BST) but thankfully seller was a mule and didn't respond.

I didn't post anything this month because it was suggested "stop looking" and I didn't want my monkey brain to get more ammo.

Today's shave :

Razor : Romer - 7 CS - 11 (Muhle R41 Rip-off)
Cream : Old Pice Musk
Pre Shave : Cold Shower, Pre shave oil
Blade : Supermax Platinum Plus (2)
Brush : Cool Dude Synthetic
Aftershave : Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Shark, Super Speed, Omega 6652 Silvertip, Proraso 'blue' cream, face lathered, a few spots of Proraso 'blue' balm and Floid Italian 'The Genuine.' This brush is incredibly soft, but its floppiness can be almost maddening. Beautiful handle, surprisingly heavy. Reminds me of those jumbo Gibson or Guild acoustic guitars. I should use it more often.

6652.jpg

Still in

Pleasant shave using:

- 1940’s Gillette Aristocrat w/new Sputnik
- I swapped out to use my Zenith boar MC/BO3-A26 instead of the Ever-Ready
- TOBS Lavender shaving cream
- Thayers unscented witch hazel
- Pinaud Clubman

Captains Choice Copper and SB lather bowls

proxy.php

Still in

Pleasant shave using: