What's new

November 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Sill in

I used the Gillette Platinum Whites (maybe AKA Swedes). Very smooth and comfortable. I really like the blades. In fairness I really like the King C Gillettes (KCG) but not $0.60 USD / blade like.

I can't tell the difference between KCGs and Gillette Platinum Whites. Both blades are very good. I actually think they're the same blades with a different blade stamp.

I want to PIF the King C Gillettes. I have about 6,000 DE blades total and I like about 1,000 as much or better then the KCGs. I have 23 KCGs left. I'm going to keep 3 and want to send out the others. I was thinking 2 blades per person so 10 people total would get them. I was hoping to not limit it to CONUS so folks that can't get them in their local market can try them. If you're interested PM me. First come, first serve.

P.S. I'll cover postage.

Last edited:
Nice gesture. I am in Canada and am approaching 5000 blades. I’ll pass and let someone else that doesn’t have 20-30 years worth of blades in storage have a chance.

I am surprised that these are not available in Canada yet but expect they will be soon enough.

I'm 49 and will be dead before I use what I currently have for blades.
I am in Canada and am approaching 5000 blades. I’ll pass and let someone else that doesn’t have 20-30 years worth of blades in storage have a chance.
I know the feeling. I'm 49 and know that I'll be dead before I use all of my blades.

Nice gesture. I am in Canada and am approaching 5000 blades. I’ll pass and let someone else that doesn’t have 20-30 years worth of blades in storage have a chance.

I am surprised that these are not available in Canada yet but expect they will be soon enough.
I only have 300 or so odd blades on hand, but those will likely last until I die as well, I rarely use de for clean up and I don't remember the last time I opened a new pack. I have more se and injector blades though.

In!

Nice shave with a sucky face lathering brush. The Vulfix Pure Badger (22-23mm, forget the model) worked well in the past until I started face lathering. Not a bad bowl latherer, but I won’t be using it again for face lathering. First world problems! LOL

- Prep: Hot washcloth and Proraso White preshave cream
- Brush: Vulfix Pure Badger
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
- Blade: Gillette Sputnik (1)
- Soap: A&E Which One’s Pink?
- Aftershave: DG Massacre of the Innocents
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose Tonic and Hyaluronic Acid

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
In!

Nice shave with a sucky face lathering brush. The Vulfix Pure Badger (22-23mm, forget the model) worked well in the past until I started face lathering. Not a bad bowl latherer, but I won’t be using it again for face lathering. First world problems! LOL

- Prep: Hot washcloth and Proraso White preshave cream
- Brush: Vulfix Pure Badger
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
- Blade: Gillette Sputnik (1)
- Soap: A&E Which One’s Pink?
- Aftershave: DG Massacre of the Innocents
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose Tonic and Hyaluronic Acid
My Simpsons Eagle G3 in Pure was such a delightful brush for face lathering that I bought another! (The jade Eagle in Super is trying to steal the show.)

eagles.jpeg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Better than the M7 or Chubby 2 for face lathering?
Very different. Quite scrubby, somewhat scritchy, and when it was new, rather pokey or prickly. Most but not all the prickle is gone today but the scrub and scritch remain. I love the way the knot behaves, if you know what I mean. Very dense feeling, but not like a Chubby. I think the Chubby 2 is too big. I have them in Best and in super, but neither is used more than 4 or 5 times a year. Simpsons Pure is very good Pure, but it isn't for everyone.

Still in. I should be right to avoid the upcoming Black Friday Simpsons Brush temptations, I have enough of those, and probably everything else for a long time.
I’m not even gonna look at their site this weekend. I shall also avoid my email and Googler. Maybe delete the internet too.

I don’t know which “the one” brush I want from Simpsons yet. I’m ok with dropping large for the right Simpson brush but I am still very torn between more than a few. Duke 3? M7? Chubby? Best, Super or Manchurian? Cool limited handle or ivory? I think I will have to wait.

I don’t know which “the one” brush I want from Simpsons yet. I’m ok with dropping large for the right Simpson brush but I am still very torn between more than a few. Duke 3? M7? Chubby? Best, Super or Manchurian? Cool limited handle or ivory? I think I will have to wait.
It's best to stop once you've found one you can commit to and that will treat you right, otherwise you'll spend half your life looking for "the one". The better looking/bustier brushes seem alluring, but they just will eat through your shaving budget and soaps, until for the sake of your sanity let go of them and start again.

Top Bottom