What's new

NOVEMBER 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browsing an antique store with my wife and found a brush and mug going as a "set". The mug was just a run-of-the-mill Avon (which I already have), but the brush was an Ever-Ready 150 in great condition. Then I looked IN the mug...
View attachment 839988 View attachment 839989
The brush, spare mug, and a puck of vintage Williams for $13? Just on principle, I talked them down to $11. I consider that a decent deal.

Got the puck and brush soaking for their inaugural shave later this evening. My first vintage Williams experience!
Great find and a righteous price!

Received a package from a black Friday purchase, from Tampa Shave Co, got a great deal on the 3 pc Stirling set and the Semogue 830 came in a few days ago, I love their brushes
proxy.php

I picked up a few things from the Italian Barber Black Friday Sale:
100 Bolzano Superinox DE Blades
100 Feather New Hi-Stainless DE Blades
100 Derby Extra DE Blades
100 Astra Superior Platinum DE Blades
Shavex Alum Block
RazoRock "What the Puck?!" Blue Barbershop, Lime Burst, & Orange Sunrise Triple Milled Shaving Soaps
Marvis Aquatic Mint Toothpaste

I think I have enough blades for awhile!
Steve
IMG_7850.jpg

IMG_7853.jpg

Received a package from a black Friday purchase, from Tampa Shave Co, got a great deal on the 3 pc Stirling set and the Semogue 830 came in a few days ago, I love their brushes
proxy.php
Ozark Mountain is a fine soap. I've not tried the splash or balm. Congrats on the set, Chris.

Shavex Alum Block
RazoRock "What the Puck?!" Blue Barbershop, Lime Burst, & Orange Sunrise Triple Milled Shaving Soaps

Steve
View attachment 840498
View attachment 840499
Nice pickup, Steve. You never want to run short of blades. I've got at least a 1,000 stockpiled!

Shavex Alum Block

Steve
View attachment 840498
View attachment 840499
Great score on those blades, I was tempted to jump on the IB sale but ended up passing as I have way too many RazoRock soaps, the Blue Barbershop has a wonderful scent, def try to get the splash when they have it in stock
Ozark Mountain is a fine soap. I've not tried the splash or balm. Congrats on the set, Chris.
I was very impressed with the set, it has a wonderful bright outdoor scent

Go easy on that Clown Fruit, Chris. You just never can be sure....
lol Thank you for the warning, it has a wonderful smell, I was very happy to get a second chance at obtaining the splash, very happy to have the soap/splash combo now.

Great score on those blades, I was tempted to jump on the IB sale but ended up passing as I have way too many RazoRock soaps, the Blue Barbershop has a wonderful scent, def try to get the splash when they have it in stock

I was very impressed with the set, it has a wonderful bright outdoor scent

I tried the Orange today, and really liked it. Very good value.
Steve

I received my new razor from the local Detroit Grooming Co. today. It was designed in the States and produced in Ferndale, MI. It's Detroit Grooming Co's "Alpha" adjustable stainless steel razor with a smooth handle. The razor bends and arcs the blade (not in a slant way) and the gap adjusts based on how much you tighten the handle. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning. It is fairly heavy and is claimed to weigh 220g. They packaged it nice and included some great freebies:

10 Feather New Hi-Stainless DE Blades
Razor Travel Case
Detroit Grooming Co. Mocha Shave Soap (Coffee Vanilla Scent)

Steve

IMG_7862.jpg

IMG_7864.jpg

IMG_7865.jpg

I received my new razor from the local Detroit Grooming Co. today. It was designed in the States and produced in Ferndale, MI. It's Detroit Grooming Co's "Alpha" adjustable stainless steel razor with a smooth handle. The razor bends and arcs the blade (not in a slant way) and the gap adjusts based on how much you tighten the handle. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning. It is fairly heavy and is claimed to weigh 220g. They packaged it nice and included some great freebies:

10 Feather New Hi-Stainless DE Blades
Razor Travel Case
Detroit Grooming Co. Mocha Shave Soap (Coffee Vanilla Scent)

Steve

View attachment 840693
View attachment 840694
View attachment 840695
Interesting razor, Steve. Congrats!

My Black Friday/cyber Monday purchases were delivered today. Can't wait to try everything!
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Major yield to temptation this month, primarily thanks to the kind folks at Maggard Razors.

Hardware
Yaqi Red/Black Marble Tuxedo Brush

Razor Blades
Rapira Swedish SuperSteel (5)

Shave Soap
Dr. Jon's Defiance
Maggard Northern Moss
L&L Darkfall

Shave Cream
Old Spice Original

After Shave
Maggard Alum
Gillette Series Cool Wave

Major yield to temptation this month, primarily thanks to the kind folks at Maggard Razors.

Hardware
Yaqi Red/Black Marble Tuxedo Brush

Razor Blades
Rapira Swedish SuperSteel (5)

Shave Soap
Dr. Jon's Defiance
Maggard Northern Moss
L&L Darkfall

Shave Cream
Old Spice Original

After Shave
Maggard Alum
Gillette Series Cool Wave
Congrats on the pickups. Maggard really makes it tooooooo easy.....

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
As November wains I guess I should share my utter lack of restraint...
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And another Tell Tale Heart set because it's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom